Too Human

It certainly looks the part, but just doesn't really move that well. The 'mid air moves' in particular just look wrong. I know it's early days, so I'll cut it some slack - but they were very heavily featured in the video. There wasn't the sense of style of the likes of DMC (which they mentioned).
Comparisons to Lord of the Rings was a bit.. er.. arrogant.

The Lair footage was disappointing. More Cg than in game. The developer being interviewed was very defensive. He seemed to feel he had to prove something, but ended up looking arrogant in my eyes. Didn't work too well.

Yeah the framerate issues are really seeping their way into all aspects of TH right now so i think from a visual standpoint getting that worked out will improve a lot of areas. Also, seems a lot of animations are missing as well which should smooth things out. To be fair, they put up a huge disclaimer before the video about how all these things will improve in the final release.

In terms of gameplay, i was really surprised to learn that they had different classes of character you can play. Also, there will be a lot of different gear that you can find a la Diablo - uniques and all. An interesting twist that, if done correctly, will add a lot of replayability.

I don't know if the game can be improved or not because Denis Dyack said he would change the way industry is doing by showing the game when its done. Either he goes against his words by showing the game in-progress or that's what you get.

I don't know if the game can be improved or not because Denis Dyack said he would change the way industry is doing by showing the game when its done. Either he goes against his words by showing the game in-progress or that's what you get.

Did you bother to actually watch the video or read my post explaining how there was some text before the footage explaining there will be improvements to framerate, animation, and AI?

Actually, he already stated it's out of his control at this point, MS wants him to preview the game so he has to preview the game.

Anyways, looks great to me, hopeully they can iron out the kinks in the animation and mid-air combat.

Should be a load more next week, according to Dennis, this was a teaser to set up next week.

Gameplay looks like a bad knockoff of DMC IMO. Co-Op was a great idea though.

It what sense did it knock off of DMC? Guns and Swords? In that case, DMC ripped off of Phantasy Star, Final Fantasy and probably a fair number of games I can't remember. This is a class based Action RPG with 4 player Co-Op. If they are ripping off of anyone I would say Diablo.

Now if only they have randomly generated levels for online... (impossible with the camera system though).

4 player coop sounds cool. The camera is much improved. I am not sold on the analog stick fighting system and the little combat showed looked very vanilla -- lacking the fluidity and combos of a game like HS showed at E3 2006 -- and the air combat looked like they hopped on invisible elevators. Overall animation seems stiff and models look rigid. But the story sounds great as does the RPG elements. The diversity sounds great as well as carrying your player over to Ep 2 and Ep 3. Obviously rough in framerate and such, but definately looking like it could deliver in 2008.

It what sense did it knock off of DMC? Guns and Swords?

When I see Dual Wielding guns shooting someone in the air with juggling combos I think of DMC and anyone who has played DMC knows this looks similar. The difference is Too Human is not as fast and fluid as DMC and it's probably not trying to be but the similarities are apparent. If all you see is guns and swords as the similarities then we are both on totally different pages. I wasn't talking about the RPG elements. That should be obvious ;) . If I was I would be comparing it to Hellgate London on PC which is the closest thing to a "new" diablo.

When I see Dual Wielding guns shooting someone in the air with juggling combos I think of DMC and anyone who has played DMC knows this looks similar. The difference is Too Human is not as fast and fluid as DMC and it's probably not trying to be but the similarities are apparent. If all you see is guns and swords as the similarities then we are both on totally different pages. I wasn't talking about the RPG elements. That should be obvious ;) . If I was I would be comparing it to Hellgate London on PC which is the closest thing to a "new" diablo.

Goldeneye had dual wieldable weapons. So did Halo 2. What we are seeing are things like guns and juggling, neither of which is a particularly new concept (pretty sure streetfighter had juggling, and I don't think the gun/sword thing is new either), which may share superficial similarities but likely won't have too much in common (more than some common ancestry).

Did you bother to actually watch the video or read my post explaining how there was some text before the footage explaining there will be improvements to framerate, animation, and AI?

I did see that part that's why I said what I said. He went on saying that he will not show the game when it's not done (1up yours podcast, nGai's blog and many more sites ). So his words have no weight then, why should we trust the disclaimer?

:LOL:
Goldeneye had dual wieldable weapons. So did Halo 2. What we are seeing are things like guns and juggling, neither of which is a particularly new concept (pretty sure streetfighter had juggling, and I don't think the gun/sword thing is new either), which may share superficial similarities but likely won't have too much in common (more than some common ancestry).

Your apparently not seeing what i'm seeing in the gameplay videos of Too Human but nice comparisons :LOL:

:LOL:

Your apparently not seeing what i'm seeing in the gameplay videos of Too Human but nice comparisons :LOL:

I'll admit that it does look similar in the part where he has the two pistols, but that is about it. It seemed that the pistols were far more powerful in this though, as he took care of one of the enemies in a matter of seconds with firepower alone. Besides that I only saw a few things that are common to action adventure games (juggling, swinging swords around, etc).

Looks like the game is making great strides however the combat looks too stiff. I hope they really polish the game before releasing it, even if that means 08. There are too many great games in 07 already.

It looks good to me. It's stylish and consistent in art style and that can cover a multitude of sins. The framerate needs work, but that's usually the last thing to really shore up.

Agreed. and even the styling of how the character moves about very DMC. Could become DMC cliche with a futuristic setting.....(like to see more though)

Back