P10 is almost ready!!

Yannis

Newcomer
I am about to write an article-preview for P10 and found some "inside"
info. It seems the VPU is ready and the first cards with it will be announced in a few days under the Oxygen brand.
I also have a card and box picture, but I don't know whether I should show something like this. The only thing I can say is that the cooling mechanism is the same as the Geforce4's...
Furthermore the prices of the two Oxygen2 models will be highly competitive for the professional market. Although I haven't signed any NDA, I have decided to respect the person who gave me the above (and much much more) info about the P10.

Yannis :D

Yannis, excellent news... does this inside info provide answers to any of the more in-depth questions asked here at b3d?

Anyway, what's the ETA for your preview?

Regards,
Serge

Do you know anything about the mainstream/gamer P10 version, supposedly a stripped down P10 called P9? I read that somewhere recently but am not sure where and how reliable that info was. The P10 would look very interesting and competetive in the high-end 3d gaming field, but if they only release a feature- and performance-stripped version it wouldn't be all that interesting anymore IMHO...

I don't know anything about the P9...

However the current P10 chip already works in a somewhat low rate compared to current high end cards. I assume if there will be such a chip it will be aimed towards the radeon 7500 and Geforce MX series.
Right now I am finishing the questions I will send for an online interview with 3DLabs.

That's really, really good news for me! I was searching the Web for some news about P10 since info about it was released in May - without any results...
The question is: when and how much :-?
I'm starving to see it in my hands :D

Everything will be clear soon...

The NDA will be lifted on 24th of June. That day they will announce the new 3DLabs cards with the P10.

Yannis

The NDA will be lifted on 24th of June.

Wrong date.

FYI - I've been invited to the UK launch so if any of you have any further questions that weren't answered by our P10 tech preview then write them down here and I'll see about getting them answered.

A couple of pointers: I imagine they will be coy as to what the consumer version will be doing differently if anything as this will be Creatives domain rather than 3Dlabs, I can try but I can't guarantee answers. And can we get a board? Probably not very likely (I've already asked), certianly not for a while.

Wildcat VP...

What I have been told is that they will anounce the new cards under the name Wildcat VP on the 24th of June.

Yannis

Back