Stranglehold Screenshots: Xbox 360 And PS3

What no white doves:cry: . I wonder if they have the back to back meeting right before the pistol shootout.

Just watched the developers demo at Game Trailers. It's a 7 minute gun battle in a tea house and everything gets destroyed. They do have his other move where he spins around with arms outstreched and shooting everyone as he twirls.

HD Version
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=14066&type=mov&pl=game

Whoa...I missed this earlier somehow.

Hot damn hot damn. All I can say to that.

PS3 Collectors Edition ($70) comes with the orginal Hard Boiled movie on the same blu-ray disc as the game. Pretty cool IMO.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2007-05-16-stranglehold-hardboiled_N.htm
In addition to the game, which continues the story of Inspector Tequila (Chow Yun-Fat), a PS3 collector's edition ($70) of the game will also include a full-length remastered high-def version of the 1992 film Hard Boiled, the Hong Kong action film starring the character.

PS3 games are stored on Blu-ray discs, which can hold up to 50 Gigabytes of video and game content. A new 15th anniversary DVD will be issued this summer, too — the DVD has been out of print for several years.

hb1ob9.jpg

CE Trailer: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/video_player/popup.php?sid=6170870&pid=928103
Movie info: http://imdb.com/title/tt0104684/

It is indeed awesome, especially since I'm a big fan of that movie. But the question remains... will I be fan enough of the game to warrant paying $70 for the movie?

Still - I think it's forward-thinking promotions like this that will help raise awareness of the BD capabilities among PS3 owners that are otherwise just in it for the games. (Though again, they'd have to be in it for this particular game for it to be relevant)

Awesome thirded. $70 is steep, but if it's just $10 more than the $60 standard (right?) PS3 pricing, it's a great deal for an HD transfer (assuming it's a good one).

It is indeed awesome, especially since I'm a big fan of that movie. But the question remains... will I be fan enough of the game to warrant paying $70 for the movie?

Still - I think it's forward-thinking promotions like this that will help raise awareness of the BD capabilities among PS3 owners that are otherwise just in it for the games. (Though again, they'd have to be in it for this particular game for it to be relevant)

i'll pay $70 to get a blu-ray version of hardboiled - it is one of the best action movie ever film.

Some hands-on from gamers' day. I'm not particularly interested in this game (though the CE may yet change my mind), but it's encouraging to hear of a UE3 game that's up to scratch on the PS3. Hopefully this will become the norm in the not-too-distant future.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3159627

So in summary, the game is looking great on PS3, which is something we haven't been able to say about a number of multiplatform games recently.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/789/789147p1.html

Aside from these new updates, the game felt extremely similar to what we'd played on the Xbox 360 a while back, which is a very good thing. The environment is just as destructible, the weapons are just as deadly and everything looks and runs just as well.

Well, according to 1up the PS3 version of the game (with Hardboiled in the US) is finally (after apparently some unreal engine related issues) hitting the streets in four days, on the 29th.

I played the demo of this game and didnt like it.

I didnt like the graphics either. I dont know if they are worse than the 360's on the PS3 but nothing in it at all impressed me. I found the gameplay mediocre, shallow and generic.

I played the demo of this game and didnt like it.

I didnt like the graphics either. I dont know if they are worse than the 360's on the PS3 but nothing in it at all impressed me. I found the gameplay mediocre, shallow and generic.

I dont think it mathers if the xbox360 or PS3 or PC version looks best since even at max detail it looks last-gen.

Arwim - just in case, you can download the demo on your 360.

I thought it was OK, and I didn't expect that. But the graphics are nothing special.

I thought it was OK, and I didn't expect that. But the graphics are nothing special.

I know that - in fact, there's been a PS3 demo out there for quite some time now too!

The interesting bit now however is how good the Hard Boiled movie pack in for the PS3 is. ;) And of course since there were issues quoted with the UE3 engine on PS3 as cause of the delay of that version, it'd be interesting to see if there's evidence in this release of whether or not we can actually see anything that points to that (postively or negatively) in the final game.

The demo has been out on PSN and XBL for sometime now. I played it briefly on my PS3 but deleted it shortly after (For some reason, I was rather clumsy with The Darkness and Stranglehold).

As I understand the PS3 version includes the "Stranglehold" movie on Blu-ray. Is that true ?

EDIT: Beaten.

I know that - in fact, there's been a PS3 demo out there for quite some time now too!

The interesting bit now however is how good the Hard Boiled movie pack in for the PS3 is. ;) And of course since there were issues quoted with the UE3 engine on PS3 as cause of the delay of that version, it'd be interesting to see if there's evidence in this release of whether or not we can actually see anything that points to that (postively or negatively) in the final game.

IIRC the 1up podcast last week said the PS3 delay was because it took longer than expected to finish putting the BR movie onto the disc. I'm guessing that means it's not a UE thing if that's true... though it does suck since the hype for the game is dead, so it probably killed 80% of the sales it would have received if it came out on the 360's day one :p It's just too big a month to release a mediocre game.

Back