Halo 3 Beta: May 16th - June 7th

I'm sure nAo wouldn't appreciate if someone had stolen and released a low res version of Heavenly Sword placeholder beta work and then tried to compare it on the net. :devilish:
I wouldn't like it, still can't help the fact that some ppl, me included, can't almost tell the difference between these shots.
Apart from that it would be nice if ppl would stop to extrapolate things there were never written.

I wouldn't like it, ....

and I would defend your work as one that was released illegally in an incomplete state with an extremely poor media capture and ask people to allow you the opportunity in the future to show that it was an unfair comparison. :smile:

I'm not saying it looks good, but to pretend you can't tell the difference, is ridiculous. Especially when one side has 'beta build' splashed across the screen ;)
If I could photoshop the logo on the other pic without telling you, you'd switch your opinion, no doubt about that.

and I would defend your work as one that was released illegally in an incomplete state with an extremely poor media capture and ask people to allow you the opportunity in the future to show that it was an unfair comparison. :smile:
What you don't understand it's that I'm not bashing Halo3, in fact I'm just stating the obvious.
If some can see some improved stuff here and there, well.. good for them, cause I can't.

If I could photoshop the logo on the other pic without telling you, you'd switch your opinion, no doubt about that.

Imo it's fairly easy to spot which one is which even without the text, although the quality of those pictures are so bad that one actually has to take a closer look to see the difference. It is there though.

I'm not saying that there's no difference, I'm saying that I was not able to tell which was which.

If some can see some improved stuff here and there, well.. good for them, cause I can't.

I'd say then that they are definitely using a lot of placeholder textures in that build then since Xbox 1 has 64 megs of RAM compared to 512, wouldn't you agree?

I'm guessing that build is strictly used for multi-play tweaking and balance issues and has little to do with graphics.

I'm guessing that build is strictly used for multi-play tweaking and balance issues and has little to do with graphics.

I thought we all already agreed based off of Frankie's updates that none of the maps outside of the ones included in the beta are far from being completed graphically. :p

What you don't understand it's that I'm not bashing Halo3, in fact I'm just stating the obvious.
You are telling people that you are seeing accurately (aka, the obvious) and consequently that everyone who disagrees with you is delusional. I really don't understand why you would expect an even-tempered response to such an attitude. Combine that with your employment and I really don't understand you. Like it or not, denounce it or not, you are a representative of Ninja Theory and the PS3.

Like it or not, denounce it or not, you are a representative of Ninja Theory and the PS3.
I've been writing on this forum for many years now and I'm representing myself, especially when I'm not talking about my work. Or do you want me to add one of those idiotic disclaimers in my signature?

I've been writing on this forum for many years now and I'm representing myself, especially when I'm not talking about my work. Or do you want me to add one of those idiotic disclaimers in my signature?

It probably would have been better to stop at "given the quality of these images."

Also considering that all of this footage is from a level not included in the public beta, presumably because it is not feature complete or graphics complete, it would seem rather presumptuous to try and judge the graphics.

I think many of us on here (including me) respect you and your work but expect better from you in context to what you've said in this thread. The differences in the shots are clear, even though Halo 3 in its BETA version doesn't look out of this world. I would imagine, being a developer, you could appreciate that but then again how much Halo do you play? Most Halo fans can tell the difference off the bat.

It probably would have been better to stop at "given the quality of these images."

Also considering that all of this footage is from a level not included in the public beta, presumably because it is not feature complete or graphics complete, it would seem rather presumptuous to try and judge the graphics.
It's all so funny, cause I haven't downplayed tha game, the engine or anything else, I was not even joking..just asking a genuine question, but ppl keep replying to me trying to justify this or that while I really don't care since I was not critizing it!
But hey..feel free to go on and on and on, I've better stuff to do (too bad I always realize too late I'm wasting my time)
Last note: I'm a huge fan of Halo1/2, I was talking about this just last week in an interview that was published on an italian website.

I was not even joking..just asking a genuine question,

This is what I don't understand, I thought it was a joke, and kinda funny, so I wasn't gonna say anything.

But then, you say it was a 'genuine question'? How could it be a genuine question when BETA BUILD is splashed across every screen? That's where you lost me...

Here's what KP over at Bungie had to say:

I shouldn't really comment on this stuff at all but it's bothering me. The game looks nothing like Halo 2. Some objects are the same in that they're the same shape and colors, but everything is so much more detailed. You can't see that because the video is a lo-res, poorly compressed leak of an unfinished product. Something never intended for public consumption, a part of a test that has nothing to do with graphics so the build isn't made to look as good as it could. If Bungie were showing you a video they would have released something in hidef showcasing only the things that're actually finished. You should not be judging the state of the game based off of this. You cannot compare a video that Bungie created for you versus a video which Bungie never intended for you to see.

KP

Dear God, Give the man some slack... If someone told me that the screens where from halo 3 beta build on xbox 1 I wouldn't argue.

Here's what KP over at Bungie had to say:

Quote:
I shouldn't really comment on this stuff at all but it's bothering me. The game looks nothing like Halo 2. Some objects are the same in that they're the same shape and colors, but everything is so much more detailed. You can't see that because the video is a lo-res, poorly compressed leak of an unfinished product. Something never intended for public consumption, a part of a test that has nothing to do with graphics so the build isn't made to look as good as it could. If Bungie were showing you a video they would have released something in hidef showcasing only the things that're actually finished. You should not be judging the state of the game based off of this. You cannot compare a video that Bungie created for you versus a video which Bungie never intended for you to see.

KP

just as I suspected... (and posted) :p

thanks!

Back