New Car. Need input on colour.

For my Prius I'm going with white, but for this car I definitely like the red best by far. Some colors just go really well with some cars - but sometimes you have to see it first. I'd never have gone for a white Prius before I saw one IRL. It's a non-metallic white. The non-metallic black wasn't bad either but my wife preferred the white also, so it was an easy choice. The non-metallic color gives the car a more solid body look and really makes the rear, including its prominent tail-lights, stand out much more. Grey metallic on the other hand makes the car look smaller and insignificant, and too thin.

I never used to like white much otherwise. The Honda Civic Type R 1998 was one of the first and only other car I liked in white.

For this car I actually prefer white, but I agree with the advice above with silver being better to sell later.

It would have to be Ice White/Java Pearl - if only because it's the only colour to be named after two different programming languages.

I would go with the Silver.

White has higher depreciation.
Red (apparantly) attracts more Police attention (apparantly they play snooker).
Black tends to look dirty.

That said my cars have either been White, or Very dark Blue/Black

I have a VERY red car. I haven't attracted much police attention yet, even when I had copious quantities of contraband in my vehicle(luckily). Actually I haven't attracted any in that sense. No tickets at all.

Getting back on topic, depending on your age, I would say you want the red or the two tone white.

Red would be great if you are young, or young at heart.
The white looks awesome with a slightly classier, more mature feel.

You don't want black unless you have a butler to wash your car every other day.
Grey is alright, but its either overplayed or for very old people.

I find myself observing cars every once in a while and am surprised to find very few cars that actually stand out. Most cars are a drab but metallic color of grey, silver, blueish, or greenish. There are actually very few RED, or YELLOW cars. My car happens to be RED. This is both beneficial and sometimes counterproductive. For example my car has been keyed down both sides, no doubt simply because the color was offensive to some douche-type. Counterpoint: girls like fast red cars. I thought this was just a wife's tale until I got mine. It's not.

Red is a great color for a small "sporty" hatchback, Silver is also good color for any car. Black looks good, but scratches look bad on it, likewise dirt on a white car is pretty nasty.

Back