Bio Hazzard 4: Wii Edition

Heh, gave away my cube long before it came out...

Here is some news on the sales of RE4 Wii. From Capcom press release: "In May, Capcom released a "Resident Evil 4 Wii edition", the latest game from the critically acclaimed "Resident Evil" series. This game has achieved solid success worldwide, shipping about 750,000 copies (as of August 31st 2007)."

Capcom had originally targeted 450k. They would be dumb not to at least try to port RE5 to the Wii.

I don't know if we'll see RE5, but I think they'll do a seperate Wii game branching from the engine they used for RE4. It seems like a solid business decision.

Wii should get RE5. It could handle it, with RE4-level graphics.

Just make the game to spec on the X360/PS3, then downgrade everything a notch...

I'd rather Capcom make a new RE game than a port of RE5 since I'll be getting RE5 for X360. The install base is there for a new RE game on Wii anyway so I don't see the need for a port of RE5. Most people won't buy the Wii version anyway since RE5 will be on both X360 and PS3. I doubt many people would buy a Wii port with downgraded graphics just for the controls.

Back