Bio Hazzard 4: Wii Edition

Too bad about the gfx part, it would be really nice if they at least used the raw power to get some high qualitity standard (ie, higher rez textures, some AA, 60FPS...).

Too bad about the gfx part, it would be really nice if they at least used the raw power to get some high qualitity standard (ie, higher rez textures, some AA, 60FPS...).

Considering RE4 GC was running at forced letterbox, the Wii is using it to get it to display at true widescreen. Although I am sort of disappointed for the lack of FSAA in certain scenes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering that even Wii Sports runs in anamorphic wide-screen, there's little reason to believe that AA is any easier to do on the Wii than it was on the Gamecube. Even though it's pretty safe to assume it has a much higher fill-rate, nobody seems to have found any more framebuffer memory ... or maybe developers just don't want to use it -- yeah, right.

Running into a regenerator for the first time... one of the most memorable moments in gaming carrer!

I'm a week late in seeing this post, but yeah ditto. I was scared sh#!less throughout the whole regenerator interval and needed diazepham a whiskey to calm my nerves (and shreeks).:mad:

I thought that commercial was pretty cool. They did an amazing job in compositing.

Is that the one where they kidnap his girlfriend?
That commercial was very funny :LOL:

I wonder if the those ganados were CGI or costumes. They looked great

Yeah that's the one, I'm pretty sure it's CGI since I can see motion blur which is normally used in CGI. It didn't look like costumes to me. It seems like they used MOCAP for the character animations.

Famitsu has reviewed RE4 Wii and it's got great scores. 10, 10, 9, 9.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/790/790232p1.html

The reviewers noted that while the content is almost the same as the GameCube original, the direct Wiimote-based controls offer a plus, making the game feel like something fresh and different. One reviewer said that the game offers the feeling of being closer to the action as well as upping the tension.

Multiple reviewers agreed on two points, that the new controls are simple and easy to get into, and that even those who played the original will be able to enjoy themselves.

Not surprised about the controls. If you've played Zelda you know pointing and shooting is a joy. For some reason aiming in a third person game is not plagued by the same clumsiness as you get in first person games on the Wii.

I had RE4 for the GC and never finished it. Great game, but for some reason I just never sat down and finished it. I was in Chapter4, I think when I gave up. So, now my brother has moved out and took the GC with him, but I kept the Wii. I went out and bought RE4 Wii, and I have to say, it's really really really awesome. Same game, but the control is fantastic and overall, I'm having a lot more fun. The difficulty does seem to be easier, because of the vastly improved aim, so I'm looking forward to unlocking the pro mode.

I'm glad it came to the Wii, otherwise I would have missed a fantastic game. I played through the game 3 times (partly to buildup enough money to buy the unlimited ammo tommy gun - Chicago typewriter, and partly because it has a great story and is such fun). Also played through Separate Way 3 times too for the same reason.

Heh, gave away my cube long before it came out...

Here is some news on the sales of RE4 Wii. From Capcom press release: "In May, Capcom released a "Resident Evil 4 Wii edition", the latest game from the critically acclaimed "Resident Evil" series. This game has achieved solid success worldwide, shipping about 750,000 copies (as of August 31st 2007)."

Capcom had originally targeted 450k. They would be dumb not to at least try to port RE5 to the Wii.

Back