Kojima Jumps In: MGS4 Coming to the Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be better to use FC2 as a metric for perfomance instead of ME regarding the xbox360.

Far Cry 2 on Xbox360 has the most insane pop ups i've seen in a game, and the textures are far from great in close up. The character design and some lighting elements are also very bad and distracting. It is nice to look at as a whole but I really don't think the game is a tehnical achievement, or at least not in the same league as MGS4.

Dude really, Gamersyde has HQ videos of gameplay, slow downs are evident in many places and very noticable to (and yes 0 frames dropped for video). Especially smoke takes it toll.

True, there are framedrops here and there, but absolutely no trace of those horrible pauses, stutterings and tearings most games have nowadays.
This is what i call a tehnical achievement. A game that lokks good and is actually playable :) and free from these horribly distracting pop ups that plague this gen.

Far Cry 2 on Xbox360 has the most insane pop ups i've seen in a game, and the textures are far from great in close up. The character design and some lighting elements are also very bad and distracting. It is nice to look at as a whole but I really don't think the game is a tehnical achievement, or at least not in the same league as MGS4.

Well its debatable but not part of this thread. I will say though that they aim at providing high quality stuff in different aspects and scopes. If you take for example the sharper looking shdows in FC2 vs the blocky shadows and vice versa about other aspects regarding both games. Also textures arent good upclose I agree both the same goes for MGS4 (upclose).
Theres a moderate amount of games that shows really good textures upclose and take into account that at third person view the distance to textures is higher and thus it looks better than first person FOV.

True, there are framedrops here and there, but absolutely no trace of those horrible pauses, stutterings and tearings most games have nowadays.
This is what i call a tehnical achievement. A game that lokks good and is actually playable and free from these horribly distracting pop ups that plague this gen.

The majority of games shows slowdowns of the same type as MGS4. A few show horrible dips and some others in rare ocasitions. I would rather say that [STRIKE]Resistance 1[/STRIKE] FC2/Warhead/Cr on PC is an achievement with almost (or completly) solid 60/30fps gameplay. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
MSG4 is unlikely to come to the 360, but another one is a possibility according to this news:
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=325555

EDIT
The same news on a french site has been updated with the followinf info, the game should be MGS Trilogy basically a redone of the first three episodes.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2008/00030506-metal-gear-sur-360.htm // NB in french

Sheesh. 'Stoplights are green, next GTA game 360-exclusive?' Not saying it won't happen, but 'green standby symbol' hardly means a thing. (Besides, wasn't 'black and nuclear green' color scheme the first Xbox's thing?) Surprised that this isn't on videogaming247, or has Eurogamer given up on trying to maintain appearances?

Sheesh. 'Stoplights are green, next GTA game 360-exclusive?' Not saying it won't happen, but 'green standby symbol' hardly means a thing. (Besides, wasn't 'black and nuclear green' color scheme the first Xbox's thing?) Surprised that this isn't on videogaming247, or has Eurogamer given up on trying to maintain appearances?

Oh come on, you cant really think it's something else.

The green is just too much to deny, a clear signal something is headed to xbox. now what i have no idea..

Oh come on, you cant really think it's something else.

I don't know what it is, but 'it's green' isn't enough to come to any conclusion, because it's stupidly common (which console or handheld this generation doesn't light up green when on, and which console doesn't have that symbol?). It certainly isn't enough for supposedly one of the most respectable gaming websites to come out with GAFisms.

It's enough for console warriors to start digging trenches for the next battle in the console wars, though.

Why is this thread still alive?

Because this came up tonight?

nazo.jpg

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/mgst/?ref=kjp_jp

The Vaio power standby symbol isnt actually lit green, though

xbox360-ringofdeath.jpg

Good to see the jeuxfrance trilogy remake speculation has been pretty much debunked at GAF, that would be underwhelming imo. Whatever it is I hope it's new, or at least contains something new..

I have a vaio notebook (FW139). And the power symbol is green.

Edit: Like someone on gaf said, the puzzle is the exclamation point.

I have a vaio notebook (FW139). And the power symbol is green.

It's green but the inner part isnt lit green. At least not in that pic from GAF.

The exclamation point is a symbol of metal gear.

I would say if not Xbox related the likely scenario is iphone. The i+!..

But OTOH it's hard to imagine they would "accidentally" make it Xbox green without knowing what speculation that would tip off.

Edit: Or DSi

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's something like the next metal gear will turn everything upside down and put you in the position of power. So your enemies will hide from you.

Haha!

I thought this was a new thread with lots of worried posters in here. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back