Status of Rage 3D?

Er well, to be honest there isn't a whole lot to talk about from ATI that hasn't been reviewed already. There certainly hasn't been any confirmation of anything regarding the DX10 parts. It isn't that people are abandoning AMD, per se, ...in a way AMD has abandoned the market. I don't think anyone is happy about it, but there is also nothing that can be done about it (by anyone at Rage3d).

I think the big ::BOOM:: we all heard was the sound of AMD shooting itself in the foot with regards to the R600 launch.

A certain amount of discussion about other websites is within the scope of this forum, as the forum description makes clear. However, when that noses over into personalities and post histories of folks who are or used to be at another site and are also here, then we've crossed a line that is not within the scope of this forum. We will not allow old grudges of individuals to cross forum lines. So don't go there.

A certain amount of discussion about other websites is within the scope of this forum, as the forum description makes clear. However, when that noses over into personalities and post histories of folks who are or used to be at another site and are also here, then we've crossed a line that is not within the scope of this forum. We will not allow old grudges of individuals to cross forum lines. So don't go there.

Geo, you are a wonderful moderator, but would you forgive me if I asked what on earth did you just say?
if you are saying don't taint B3D with petty grievances at other sites, I agree wholeheartedly.

At least that is what I think you are saying, and to that I say "hear hear!" :D

Otherwise, I'd hope we all just continue on sharing our enthusiasm for 3D hardware, programming and the industry! :D

Yeah, sorry, there's a few posts deleted that you can't see to provide context for that. :LOL:

But you got the gist. :D

I was a visitor of Rage3d for quite some time (as magik10) though I'm sure no one remembers me! but anyway, the site was quite good for tech support. You could get in touch with a lot of beta testers and Ati insiders who were quite helpful but over time they slowly started drifting away to driverheaven.net The forum regulation went downhill and those trying to help were being called out endlessly with no moderation. Eventually it all added up and I'm sure there were background politics effecting the visible transformation.

I still wander in once is a while but it now seems like a chat room for the regulars than what it used to be.

Wow according to their front page they have only posted 1 article since last November.

Are they just running on ad revenue from their name recognition? I don't see how they generate front page hits with out new articles. Sites like Hardocp and Techreport post several articles a day.

Maybe the R600 release will rejuvenate them or something.

They've gone downhill because they lost me.

Ok, so not really :LOL:
You influence it too K. As a Mod/Forum Entity.. and a well informed one at that you influence posters with everything you write.. you we/are an authority.. you know...

Back