Grand Theft Auto IV trailer: now online

Wow , music is very impressive ... It reminds me Batman Begins and Matrix ... A matrix-style trailer ,IMO ... I like it ...

I have to dissagree on HL2 having open environments. I remember a lot of loading screens when I played that game a couple years ago. It's linear, not open at all.
Not all areas in HL2 are open enough, yes. But it was on a single-core processor. With multiple cores that can load and decompress things in background my expectation was a tad too high.

Another reference point is its supposed huge budget, it would be far bigger than games like Dead Rising. GTA4 has changing daylights and that's it. No doubt GTA4 has bigger areas, but it's pity that most of budgets might be consumed in making more buildings. If its gameplay is no different from previous GTA games like you can't get in most of buildings, it's more disappointing.

Overall I hope the PC version have some graphical allowances in it.

I think it looks pretty good, actually better then what I thought it would

to the complainers, you all must have forgotten how bad gta3 looked when it came out

gta3_020.jpg

if that's not a huge upgrade I don't know what is

what I am hoping for the most though is some killer AI

I think it looks pretty good, actually better then what I thought it would

to the complainers, you all must have forgotten how bad gta3 looked when it came out

gta3_020.jpg

if that's not a huge upgrade I don't know what is

what I am hoping for the most though is some killer AI

Thats actually a bullshot with added AA :p

Another reference point is its supposed huge budget, it would be far bigger than games like Dead Rising. GTA4 has changing daylights and that's it. No doubt GTA4 has bigger areas, but it's pity that most of budgets might be consumed in making more buildings. If its gameplay is no different from previous GTA games like you can't get in most of buildings, it's more disappointing.

Overall I hope the PC version have some graphical allowances in it.

Well, to be fair, it's multiplatform... and is also a simultaneous release on PS3 and Xbox 360.

I have no complaints I think it looks great. As long as the gun play is better than previous GTA games I will be very very happy.

Game looks meh to me. Bottom line. Not to say the the actual game won't be fun because I loved the series and will likely own this game but visually this is pretty much average IMO.

Game looks meh to me. Bottom line. Not to say the the actual game won't be fun because I loved the series and will likely own this game but visually this is pretty much average IMO.

Yeah it looks meh to me too, but I think that's a definate improvement for the series. San Andreas looked like ass. I would've like to see some more gameplay, I haven't been able to get into the previous GTAs and I've really tried. With the hideous gun mechanics and shoots that sounded like someone was knocking on your door, plus I guess I really don't like sandbox games. I have yet to find one I like (Mercenaries had it's moments, but I got bored pretty quickly as well), hopefully I'll be able to get into this one.

Back