Grand Theft Auto IV trailer: now online

Its finally finished downloading and im dissapointed to say the least, i really expected more. I know its free roaming..blah...blah...blah...but surely they can do better? The getaway looks alot better then this and R* are just as talented as the people behhind the Getaway. Still i hope they havent changed the gameplay to much :)

They will all look nearly identical with only the PC version maybe having higher res textures and running at higher res and more AA. Just like all other GTAsI guess.

I wonder about the disk options in regards to the PS3 vs 360 version?

PS3 = 1 disk?

360 = 1 disk with LOADS of compression?

360 = Multiple disks?

II know its free roaming..blah...blah...blah...but surely they can do better?
That's my thought too, I thought the graphical level in the Table Tennis game by Rockstar could be propagated to environmental details in open areas but it was apparently a misconception. Probably their 1st priority was to make the huge game complete in October this year.

The getaway looks alot better then this and R* are just as talented as the people behhind the Getaway.
Rockstar North/Core folks are talented, yes.
But graphics have never been their premier source of interest, nor has it ever been their forte.
The Getaway (PS2) was technically superior to GTA 3 or VC, it ran better and looked better, yes, but it also played like fecal matter and was as boring as a game can be.

With that said, so far GTA4 looks better than any other "large city with fast vehicles" free roaming games out there.

That's my thought too, I thought the graphical level in the Table Tennis game by Rockstar could be propagated to environmental details in open areas but it was apparently a misconception. Probably their 1st priority was to make the huge game complete in October this year.
Table Tennis is a Rockstar San Diego game.

:oops:

You really thought they would be able to replicate that environment with such a high LOD into an entire city on these consoles? 512mb can only hold so much one ... (no matter how big the disk is fyi to those questioning/hinting)

I thought the graphical level in the Table Tennis game by Rockstar could be propagated to environmental details in open areas but it was apparently a misconception.

i think rendering 2 people playing ping poing is slightly easier than a full gta game

Rockstar North/Core folks are talented, yes.
But graphics have never been their premier source of interest, nor has it ever been their forte.
The Getaway (PS2) was technically superior to GTA 3 or VC, it ran better and looked better, yes, but it also played like fecal matter and was as boring as a game can be.

I agree with you 100%...hopefully this time around things will change.

Table Tennis is a Rockstar San Diego game.
So GTA4 is on a different engine?
:oops:

You really thought they would be able to replicate that environment with such a high LOD into an entire city on these consoles? 512mb can only hold so much one ... (no matter how big the disk is fyi to those questioning/hinting)
In my first post in this thread I wrote "not better than HL2". HL2 has HDR and open environments.

Back