Grand Theft Auto IV trailer: now online

This is basically the start of peak hours in general for internet use. Here its 6p.m. EST so I dont know what Rockstar was thinking waiting until now.

What they really need are torrents... this server stuff is just so limited. C'mon BlimBlim...please create a torrent. :cry:

edit: seeing it as it downloads....wow... that looks good... I'd like to say better than Crackdown even though Crackdown was going for its own visual style. The lighting is superb...

My interweb is going so slowly, i'm only getting about 6kbps :cry:. Even a couple of screenshots would tide me over till morning when things have quietened down some.

Wow, it looks pretty nice.

It sounds like the main character is some ex-russian mobster: "I killed people, I smuggled people, maybe this time will be different..."

Of course my PC could hardly play the HD wmv :devilish:

Wow, it looks pretty nice.

It sounds like the main character is some ex-russian mobster: "I killed people, I smuggled people, maybe this time will be different..."

Of course my PC could hardly play the HD wmv :devilish:

See, i said Russian! Now download you ****! :devilish:

:oops: *still cant believe whats he's seeing* I just kept refreshing GameTrailers and I finally saw the video.

Wow, the graphics are...really...nice.... *speechless*

I also finished downloading the HD video, screenies coming soon people, just gimme time to upload them :D

OK, watched it.

Very mixed feelings about it graphically. Not really sure how I feel about that. A couple of scenes look nice, other parts look very underwhelming. It seems to lack that 'bustle' I was hoping for, from what was shown. I don't know really..I think on balance I can say I was expecting more overall, definitely.

There's no indication of gameplay mechanics or new cool stuff that'll be possible from the trailer, so hard to get excited on that front.

OK, watched it.

Very mixed feelings about it graphically. Not really sure how I feel about that. A couple of scenes look nice, other parts look very underwhelming. It seems to lack that 'bustle' I was hoping for, from what was shown. I don't know really..I think on balance I can say I was expecting more overall, definitely.

There's no indication of gameplay mechanics or new cool stuff that'll be possible from the trailer, so hard to get excited on that front.

The shadows are kinda borked as they flicker a lot, but I think it looks quite good overall. There was a noticeable lack of AA in a couple sections, which I thought was odd. When you see him walk along the bridge, notice that he doesn't glide either. :)

No gameplay or even lip-synching. Basically it's a very short tech demo but it's not that impressive.

For GTA? That's very impressive imo. Looks signifigantly better than Saint's Row. Are you guys lookin at the 720p footage?

Chef- I'd host a screen for ya, but getting screens from WMV's is a bitch.

Back