Million unit sellers on xb360 so far:

TheChefO

Banned
I was curious how new IP was doing on xb360 and the answer is: it seems to be growing the platform rather well. :smile:

Code:
GAME_____	PUB	JAP	US	OTH	SUM	PS2	EXCL
Gears of War	Msft	0.06	2.61	1.31	3.98	no	yes
Call of Duty 2	ACT	0.02	1.39	0.56	1.97	1.7m	no
TClancy GRAW	UBI	0.02	1.25	0.63	1.9	1.7m	no
Madden NFL 07	EA	0.01	1.6	0.04	1.65	3.4m	no
ES IV: Oblivion	T2	0	1.06	0.57	1.63	no	no
Call of Duty 3	ACT	0.01	1.08	0.39	1.48	no	no
Crackdown	Msft	0.03	0.83	0.48	1.34	no	yes
FN Round 3	EA	0.01	0.86	0.39	1.26	no	no
Lost Planet	Cap	0.07	0.68	0.51	1.26	no	yes
RainbowSix V	UBI	0.01	0.87	0.36	1.24	no	no
PDark Zero	Msft	0.04	0.7	0.42	1.16	no	yes
Dead Rising	Cap	0.06	0.69	0.34	1.09	no	yes
Saints Row	THQ	0	0.75	0.33	1.08	no	no
NFS MostW	EA	0.03	0.59	0.44	1.06	4.1m	no
NFS Carbon	EA	0.02	0.57	0.41	1	no	no

5 exclusive million+ sellers on xb360 out of the 15 on the platform so far (according to VGcharts)

I also ran the numbers on ps2 titles where available. Some I know are on ps2 but anything less than a million and it doesn't make their database it seems. In total though for reference: 178 titles :)shock: )

1 for PS3
4 for Wii

Not bad for xb360 though, considering the big hitters (Halo and GTA) haven't yet hit the system. Fable also did rather well on xb1 with 2.6m sold.

http://www.vgcharts.org/worldtotals.php?name=&console=X360&publisher=&sort=Total

Seeing as predictions for future Million sellers are being added I thought it would be good to add them to the first post to keep the data tidy:

- Devil May Cry 4
- BioShock
- Halo 3
- Forza 2
- Mass Effect
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon AW 2
- Pro Evo 7... 0.7
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- Army of Two
- Dirt
- Blue Dragon
- Lost Odysee
- PGR4
- Splinter Cell 5(?)
- 2k Football (new)
- Assassins Creed
- Dead Rising 2
- Burnout 5
- Star Wars FU (no comment)
- Indiana Jones
- Turok
- Battlefield Bad Company (how could I forget?)
- UT3
- Guitar Hero 2
- GRAW 2
- Kane & Lynch
*Sega Rally
*The Club
*Alone in the Dark 5
*Virtua Tennis3
*Virtua Fighter5
*Stranglehold
*Too Human
*The Darkness
*Resident Evil 5
*Alan Wake
*Trusty Bell
*Kameo2
*Fable2
*BIA HH
*Huxley

*Might not make the list

Last edited by a moderator:
That's 1 game a month that sells 1M+ since the console has been launched. Thanks for the chart. :oops:

Maybe GH2 will be the 16th 1M seller ;)

my predictions for 2007 million seller:

- BioShock... difficult to sell well since i feel it is "a quality game nobody will play"
- Halo 3... already reached 1 million mark i guess
- Forza 2... easily one million mark, not sure about 2m though
- Mass Effect... 1-1.5m
- Pro Evo 7... 0.7 - 1.2m copies i expect since there should be 4-5m euro base by oct 2007 from my guess
- Grand Theft Auto IV... same as Halo 3...

edit:
- Assassin's Creed
- Dead Rising 2 (if its coming! oh yeahhhh :devilish:)

oh, i could make XB360 prediction by end of 2007 with these million seller prediction: 18-25m

though it is such huge extrapolation :LOL:

my predictions for 2007 million seller:

- BioShock... difficult to sell well since i feel it is "a quality game nobody will play"
- Halo 3... already reached 1 million mark i guess
- Forza 2... easily one million mark, not sure about 2m though
- Mass Effect... 1-1.5m
- Pro Evo 7... 0.7 - 1.2m copies i expect since there should be 4-5m euro base by oct 2007 from my guess
- Grand Theft Auto IV... same as Halo 3...

edit:
- Assassin's Creed
- Dead Rising 2 (if its coming! oh yeahhhh :devilish:)

oh, i could make XB360 prediction by end of 2007 with these million seller prediction: 18-25m

though it is such huge extrapolation :LOL:

They will have to manage the releases carefully as there are many good games coming but they need their time in the spotlight to get the sales they deserve without huge ad dollars which would overshadow others that are also deserving.

... Tricky stuff. But a good problem to have I suppose. :LOL:

Others that will join the million+ club IMO:
Army of Two
Dirt
Blue Dragon
Lost Odysee
*Fable2 (if it's ready - probably not this year)
PGR4
Splinter Cell 5(?)
2k Football (new)
*Trusty Bell (I would like to believe but not too sure if this will sell well)
*Kameo2 (was rumored to be in the works directly after the first - if so it should be ready this year)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

@22psi - ahh ... how could I forget :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
especially when you look at GTA IV and Halo 3. I think microsoft needs to release Halo 3 before GTA IV so that microsoft offers people with one more killer app when GTA IV comes out simultaneously on both PS3 and XB360. any thoughts on my comments???

btw Peter Moore said that SC5 and PGR4 are coming this year, how are microsoft going to cram lots of quality games in period of 4 months???

:devilish:

any thoughts on my comments???

I agree with most. Wouldn't venture to guess exactly how many units these titles would sell but I do think Bioshock will sell well. I think they will advertise it as the big title it is and should see the appropriate response.

Wait till you see the advert for Guitar Hero 2. The company in work for here in London just finished it, its has been destroying people life for about the last month, looks ace though.
If it doesn't help the game sell a million copies i don't know what would, really is a cracker. It airs very early April both sides of the pond. We had a 360 GH2 guitar in the studio for 3 weeks and no game disc, how gutting it that?

Wait till you see the advert for Guitar Hero 2. The company in work for here in London just finished it, its has been destroying people life for about the last month, looks ace though.
If it doesn't help the game sell a million copies i don't know what would, really is a cracker. It airs very early April both sides of the pond. We had a 360 GH2 guitar in the studio for 3 weeks and no game disc, how gutting it that?

heh I've been curious about this game. I go to BestBuy every once in a while on my lunch break and check things out. There is always a guy there half the time it's a business guy with a tie at the ps2 kiosk playing this game "rocking out" and it has caught my eye.

Diversity is a very good thing and I'm glad this is coming to 360 (wireless ftw!)

:oops:

:devilish:

That sucks if true... are you sure on this? I could have sworn I saw evidence that suggested otherwise. :???:

It's wired. No 3rd party controllers can be wireless at this time. MS is keeping a lid on the actual protocols or something....

But the Explorer guitar in Guitar Hero II for the 360 is a wired controller not wireless.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/773/773358p1.html
March 16 2007
Guitar Hero 360 Controller Will be Wired

http://gear.ign.com/articles/753/753807p1.html

Of particular concern to Guitar Hero aficionados, we also caught a bit of rumor about the potential for a wireless GH guitar for the 360. While waiting in line to demo GH II in the both, IGN Gear overheard a MS representative mention to a questioner something along the lines of 'We couldn't use the wireless guitars at the show because people walk away with that stuff.' When IGN asked a different representative for confirmation, however, we were told that MS can't comment on the topic. Later in the day, IGN ran into one of our friends on the developer side, who cordially assured us that Red Octane is committed to giving its fans the best experience possible. He could not, however, say anything more on the issue or clarify in any way.

:cry:

Oh well. That really sucks. Could have been a contender ... :LOL:

Is there a wireless version available at all for any system? What would stop a 3rd party from using their own wireless tech? (ie: logitech on xb1)

as for the OP

15, million sellers is not bad with only 10million +- consoles.

I'm most surprised by perfect dark and both Need for Speeds.

wow Gears almost at 4 million in 4 months

btw Peter Moore said that SC5 and PGR4 are coming this year, how are microsoft going to cram lots of quality games in period of 4 months???
They'll use their tried and tested model of delaying at least half of them till next year. It happens almost every year. The 360 really does not need anything more than Halo 3 this winter. GTA 4 puts it decidedly over the top. Adding SC 5 and PGR4 would just be insane. It makes far, far more sense to release them in 2008 where they might actually stand a chance at retail.

How on earth did he the us number for Crackdown so high? vgcharts reported only 461K. That's a difference of 370K.
Did he include the months of march and april?

I couldn't help but laugh at the difference between sales of Madden in Japan and US...

No love for American Football :(

Back