Assassin's Creed - New Interview

TGS video.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5106_en.html

Best draw distance ever?
1029_0004.jpg

there's a tiny bit of pop-up but it's smooth as hell.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2007/10/assassins_creed_dvd_issues_fix.html

During the Assassin's Creed demo down at the Australian Maritime Museum today, creative director Patrice Desilets commented on remarks he made two weeks ago on cramming all the game's data onto the Xbox 360's puny DVD format, and into the PS3's questionable memory density.

According to Desilets, his boss called him the day after the comments were made and they exchanged a few words. All Desilets was willing to say today on the Xbox 360 issue was:
"There's no problem anymore. It's gone."

All Desilets was willing to say today on the Xbox 360 issue was:
"There's no problem anymore. It's gone."

There are alternate compression libraries which can literally save you gigabytes of disk space on 360. I'm guessing they are now using one of them.

Cool. I thought that he was just told to STFU though :LOL:

Well, that's entirely possible also ;)

I do hope though that this game doesn't end up being a victim of it's own hype. Having an ultra hot producer is most legit, but I wonder if that's partly led to the inevitable 10 articles a week about the game, and now expectations are sky high. I don't think I've ever seen more articles/previews/interviews about any other game in recent history. In any case, the preview videos look cool, I hope they can pull this one off.

Well, that's entirely possible also ;)

I do hope though that this game doesn't end up being a victim of it's own hype. Having an ultra hot producer is most legit, but I wonder if that's partly led to the inevitable 10 articles a week about the game, and now expectations are sky high. I don't think I've ever seen more articles/previews/interviews about any other game in recent history. In any case, the preview videos look cool, I hope they can pull this one off.

I think she plays a pivotal role for it and for UBI. Ancel used her name for Beyond Good and Evil, but I think they trot her out for PR purposes. The hot babe thing to bring out the camera.

I think the game's actually not getting enough hype considering how long its been hyped (~2 years?) and that it's near release. I'm starting to worry about it.

just a quick question, is the ps3 version's AI still lacking ? havent been keeping up with all the interviews lately for this game.

I have been looking at video for this game on gamespot, but I read all of these gameplay videos were from the 360. Have we seen the game run on PS3 hardware?

just a quick question, is the ps3 version's AI still lacking ? havent been keeping up with all the interviews lately for this game.
It's never been "lacking"

They just couldn't get it to work on CELL exactly the same way they got it to work on the 360s CPU.

I have been looking at video for this game on gamespot, but I read all of these gameplay videos were from the 360. Have we seen the game run on PS3 hardware?

No.

Ubisoft Montreal's PS3 ports have been pretty good so far, unfortunately they don't seem to get timing right. Release of PS3 version may be out-of-sync with 360.

It's never been "lacking"

They just couldn't get it to work on CELL exactly the same way they got it to work on the 360s CPU.

Lol. Talk about arguing over semantics.

They were having problems getting it workis as well as the 360 version, no need to spin that to protect your favourite little console.

Actually, we have. It was only briefly mentioned somewhere in an online video interview, but I think that at TGS they were running the PS3 version.

This game looks like Prince of Persia, only set during the Crusades. Is it supposed to bring something more to the table than the PoP did?

I have the feeling this game won't live up to the hype.

This game looks like Prince of Persia, only set during the Crusades. Is it supposed to bring something more to the table than the PoP did?

I have the feeling this game won't live up to the hype.

Go read some previews so you at least know what you're talking about.

This game has nothing in common with PoP other than a very acrobatic main character...

Lol. Talk about arguing over semantics.

They were having problems getting it workis as well as the 360 version, no need to spin that to protect your favourite little console.
Not semantics, just use of the English language.

Lacking implies it was worse than (dumbed down/missing features) the 360 version, when all the problem was they couldn't get it to run as efficiently on the PS3 as they could the 360.

As they pointed out at the time, the AI code was exactly the same for both version.

So, it wasn't lacking, it just didn't run as well at the time.

Back