It's fun time again. Is Yosuke Hayashi cocky?

Tekken 5 on the ps3 uses ps2 assets. I woulnd't say that counts. It's not hard to upscale to 1080p when you are using assets based on last generation.

And this isn't a remake from a last generation title? ;) I guess it depends on how much assets they have recreated, rather than the main characters, the resolution and the lighting?

I find the reaction to this game kind of funny because this board has pretty much been crapping all over TN Next Gen efforts up to this point.

I find the reaction to this game kind of funny because this board has pretty much been crapping all over TN Next Gen efforts up to this point.

Oh mind you I appreciate what they are doing with this game. I hope it is decent. The PAL version of Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox1 had horrible tearing issues and didn't run that smoothly either. I haven't checked to see if Black was any better - by that time my Xbox was already gathering dust at my sister's place - but if this version looks decent and has some online rankings, it could be rather good! I was just questioning if their bullish comments were justified.

I played Ninja Gaiden Black and saw screen-teraring only in FPS mode (while aiming with bow). Overall performance was much better than - let's say - God of War.

Not sure how relevant it is but on my ntsc version of NG and xbox, I don't recall seeing screen tearing... :???:

Could just be the conversion to 50fps was done sloppy figuring you Euros wouldn't appreciate the efforts! ;)

Not sure how relevant it is but on my ntsc version of NG and xbox, I don't recall seeing screen tearing... :???:

Could just be the conversion to 50fps was done sloppy figuring you Euros wouldn't appreciate the efforts! ;)

My ntsc version of NG had tearing. I'm pretty sure I told you this once before.

I think people mainly crap over DOA for being a bad fighting game and the DOAX stuff for being pointless, un-fun fanservice, rather than anything technical with them, wouldn't you say? :p

Though on the technical side, there is that one character from DOA4 that drives me nuts because her hair and clothes look nice, but distractingly clip all-the-heck-over the place. :oops: Certainly is pretty, though. Hehe...

I think people mainly crap over DOA for being a bad fighting game and the DOAX stuff for being pointless, un-fun fanservice, rather than anything technical with them, wouldn't you say? :p

Though on the technical side, there is that one character from DOA4 that drives me nuts because her hair and clothes look nice, but distractingly clip all-the-heck-over the place. :oops: Certainly is pretty, though. Hehe...
Kasumi? Tina? Hitomi?

Back