Latest UK Software Charts (PS3 launch numbers)

i don't understand why we need sequels for ridge racer when game is always same place with same cars with same cameras with same gameplay with same boring physics

I don't understand your username or your sig, at first glance it might seem that you are promoting openness/inclusion and acceptance of other views but many of your posts are biased and the basic premise of your stance seems to be "fanboys are not as good as me cos I like multiple consoles" when in fact you are alienating people that for whatever reason happen to want to choose a particular console as their favo(u)rite. Fanboyism/tribalism etc are an established part of our society (look at sports fans) which you and many others may not care for but many people do and the holier than thou attitude makes me puke.

/rant

nothing to see here, please move on.

I don't understand your username or your sig, at first glance it might seem that you are promoting openness/inclusion and acceptance of other views but many of your posts are biased and the basic premise of your stance seems to be "fanboys are not as good as me cos I like multiple consoles" when in fact you are alienating people that for whatever reason happen to want to choose a particular console as their favo(u)rite. Fanboyism/tribalism etc are an established part of our society (look at sports fans) which you and many others may not care for but many people do and the holier than thou attitude makes me puke.

/rant

Agree or not with the sentiment, I don't think this post is appropriate. Calling out a fellow member in such a general fashion is unnecessary and should be discussed via pm - IMO

/rant

I think he also said he doesn't own any of the new consoles, so his sig is strange in that respect. It's easy to be negative to one brand if it competes with the one you own, but you don't have to be that way. I never owned a GC, but I recognized it's merits and often suggested it to interested parties.

I think he also said he doesn't own any of the new consoles, so his sig is strange in that respect. It's easy to be negative to one brand if it competes with the one you own, but you don't have to be that way. I never owned a GC, but I recognized it's merits and often suggested it to interested parties.

yeah you are right, i don't own a console. sold 360 weeks ago, my sig is from someone else not me. and it doesn't mean just because you don't own a console you are definitely a fanboy going against something. if you have any problem with my sig which is there because i have nothing better to put on, i will remove it when i see your request for it.

yeah you are right, i don't own a console. sold 360 weeks ago, my sig is from someone else not me. and it doesn't mean just because you don't own a console you are definitely a fanboy going against something. if you have any problem with my sig which is there because i have nothing better to put on, i will remove it when i see your request for it.

I have no issue with it, in general it is true. It's always easier to get into the "us versus them" mode when you are invested in one side and not the other. I think you read me wrong.

Belgium chart

1. Resistance : Fall of Man (PS3/Sony)
2. Motorstorm (PS3/Sony)
3. Virtua Tennis 3 (PS3/SEGA)
4. F1 Championship Edition (PS3/Sony)
5. Call of Duty 3 (PS3/Activision)
6. Virtua Fighter 5 (PS3/SEGA)
7. Final Fantasy XII (PS2/Ubisoft)
8. Sonic The Hedgehog (PS3/SEGA)
9. Test Drive Unlimited (PS2/Atari)
10. Ridge Racer 7 (PS3/Sony)

Yep. I said wow!

I guess I have missed something but I don't understand what is suprising in the fact that when a console is launched we see also a lot of software sales for that console ? I mean if after mid april you have same charts, sure it would be wonderful for Sony but now, is it not just the launch effect ?

Belgium chart

Yep. I said wow!
Wow! This should be very good for PS3's attach rate. We'll know more in a few months, but it does look like some predictions around a market split between NA, EUR, and JPN are somewhat true (only somewhat since Wii seems to do great everywhere).

I guess I have missed something but I don't understand what is suprising in the fact that when a console is launched we see also a lot of software sales for that console ? I mean if after mid april you have same charts, sure it would be wonderful for Sony but now, is it not just the launch effect ?
I don't believe we've seen PS3 software domination like this anywhere else...granted, these are sales charts, not sales figures, but they do indicate what is currently capturing the minds of consumers.

surely a major factor yes

we'll know more in a few months

at the very least, it removes a talking point for the usual Sony critics who might otherwise shout about poor software attach rates at launch.

Add in that this time of year is very slow of software and hardware sales as well as MS and Nintendo not releasing much new software to compete with the launch is this even surprising?

at the very least, it removes a talking point for the usual Sony critics who might otherwise shout about poor software attach rates at launch.

None of the charts give us any relationship between units sold and game units sold. Attach may be great but we need a little more information before we draw any conclusions.

None of the charts give us any relationship between units sold and game units sold. Attach may be great but we need a little more information before we draw any conclusions.

At least one can surely say that the attachment rate is not bad. It would definately be worse if none of these games every reached the charts Top10.

How many of those VT3 sales are Xbox 360?

None, since it says PS3?

I think people are forgetting that, at least in the UK and i expect in many other European countries, you could ONLY buy bundles in a lot of the shops, and most of the ones i saw had 2 games in them. and an even higher price of course... so yeah of course there would be lots of software sold...

You can buy a PS3 without a bundle everywhereI looked other than play.com

Lots of places are offering bundles, not forcing them.

Back