If I was accidentally stuck in another world...

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
In order to survive I would need to impress the locals by constructing a nuclear bomb.
How would I construct a nuke in a medieval world?

I would use steel to encase the uranium.
I would dig inside sand dunes to find uranium.
I would cause the uranium to go critical by bashing it with a hammer.
I would put it inside an IED and cover it with metal so I don't get radiation poisoning.
I would use a hand made flame thrower to make explode over a distance.

Would this work?

Doesnt the radiation goes true the steel?

Is it that easy to find uranium? than why have so much countries trouble getting uranium for their nuke?

Does that work? As far as I know the ''new'' nukes can only explode with their detonation device, they can crash, burn, whatever but wont explode. Though probably will be different with older nukes.

I would put it inside an IED and cover it with metal so I don't get radiation poisoning.

What is a IED?

I didnt know they had flame trowers in the dark ages.

Would this work?

I absolutely have no idea :D

In order to survive I would need to impress the locals by constructing a nuclear bomb.

Would this work?
What an odd man...
I didnt know they had flame trowers in the dark ages.
The Byzantines were famous for them.

Would this work?

I'm sure the Medeival period was known for its uranium hexaflouride centrifuges, the chemicals needed to extract uranium, the technology to find said uranium, and the explosives needed to detonate a critical mass of enriched uranium.

stop sniffing the glue and go read Lord Kalvan of Otherwhen (H beam Piper, 1964), that's an enjoyable novel.

and anyway if you warp to the middle-age, before worrying about nukes you should be sure you won't be killed by a robber, or even the urban hygiena conditions of the times (we live in clean houses with toilets, soap and everything, I guess we'd be vulnerable in days where people threw shit through the windows).

Assuming you don't expire from old age looking for uranium deposits or catch a severe case of cancer lugging your find back to your base of operations, the whole project is likely to span several lifetimes simply because you are cooking from scratch, making stuff that you'll need to make more stuff that will be used to construct a bomb.

It would've been so much easier to get into a time machine and take a "Little Boy" with you. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Would this work?

Not steel but thick lead!
Or you'll see a sixth toe grow up on your feet!

well you probably need to refine the uranium ( if not enrich it ) so you would need to make coke and then mix the uranium ore and coke and but it in a giant furance which is low on oxygen to produce mettalic uranium. You probably gonna want lots of beryllium too.

Are you serious!?:oops:

Yes, very serious. It's not deadly in itself, but Mentos makes Coke Light release most of the CO2 in a rather violent burst. Feel free to try it, take a bottle of Coke and throw one mentos in (and stand away if you don't need a shower :)).

Last edited by a moderator:
Coke and Mentos, gives a nice explosion.

Oh yeah: don't mix that in your belly, it can kill.
Er, no. If you chew the Mentos at all, that won't happen. There are apparently tiny pits on the surface of the candy that increase its surface area enormously, so once you get rid of those pits, it has no special properties at all and won't cause Diet Coke to go all crazy.

I've tried the Mentos + Diet Coke trick with my students many times and it works, to varying degress of success, with a variety of sweets and fizzy drinks. However, there is something quite specific (more so than just the pits) about Mentos that makes them the best.

I've tried the Mentos + Diet Coke trick with my students many times and it works, to varying degress of success, with a variety of sweets and fizzy drinks. However, there is something quite specific (more so than just the pits) about Mentos that makes them the best.
So hows the mortality rate?
Or do you measure the volume of escaping gases?

Back