EUROs ,who is buying a ps3 on launch ?

PAL PS3

• Total voters
In Gemany, someone is really pulling out all the stops pissing on the PS3 launch.
The Xbox 360 Premium is going below 300€ at some places since a week or so (350€ is the usual price, with a short upswing to 380~400€ before that).

Here's a chart:
phistgfx2.cgi

If the above image doesn't load, try visiting the page it originates from.

www.playstation3.com after selecting europe the page not loading, i wait already 20 minutes, still nothing happend, i can't register to get a free bluray movie :cry:
If you have a way to disable your flash plugin, that helped a lot for me. They have an enormous flash object right on the front-page, but if your browser pretends to not support flash, you'll get a much leaner, faster html fallback page.

just checked to see norway ps3 prices and it was 2nd highest in the world @ $981 beaten by Denmark's $982 price at wikipedia :devilish:

seems there is a lot of taxing issues there like here in UK

The street price in denmark is as "low" as 821 dollars, or 160 dollars on the supposed sticker price :)

Got min yesterday, lined up a bunch of games, demos videos for download after spending an hour searching for the password for the PSN id i resvered. Activated Auto Exec on Folding (joined this team), when i woke up 4 hours later the downloads weren´t finished and it looked weird how it aparently had jumped in between the queue, one had 99% while the first in the queue was at 38%. Anyway, disabled Folding and left the machine on the download queue while taking a shower, i guess my 20mbit connection helped, in anycase everything was done after half an hour.

So far i´m very impressed with the smoooooth interface and feel everything has, and it looks absolutely fantastic on my AX100 PJ on the 110 Inch screen :)

Ohh and Blu-Ray... hellllloooo sexy

Hint: If you for some reason endup having no picture on the HDMI out, turn off the console... wait for the red light. Then turn the Console back on but keep the finger on the On/off switch until you here a Beep, it will redisplay the HDMI setup.

Got mine :)
I took it home and came back to work, so I haven't even opened the box yet.
Bought Resistance and Motorstorm too, and the BR remote.
The shop didn't have any BR movies, so I'll have to shop somewhere else as soon as I get out from work.
Can't wait. I think I'll take the rest of my day off...
Paid €699 for it, yea, it was a bit expensive :D

Got mine :)
I took it home and came back to work, so I haven't even opened the box yet.
Bought Resistance and Motorstorm too, and the BR remote.
The shop didn't have any BR movies, so I'll have to shop somewhere else as soon as I get out from work.
Can't wait. I think I'll take the rest of my day off...
Paid €699 for it, yea, it was a bit expensive :D

I tried the F1 game Demo... that is a sure sure buy for me, pure speed rush.... i wanted it, but it was sold out (wtf!?).

Just order it online, it's easier than driving.

Is that free 46" TV thingy on BBC for real? Sounds crazy.
I'm not so sure about that.
The list of online retailers with this warfare pricing is pretty short, two young guns nobody ever heard about say "in stock", and there's Neckermann but they're not claiming stock. OTOH I'm hearing of many Media Markt and Saturn markets with extremeley sweet deals, but you'll just have to drive there.

Just order it online, it's easier than driving.

Is that free 46" TV thingy on BBC for real? Sounds crazy.

well i have to go to Mainz next month for a week of education.. maybe i can pass by a mediamarkt over there...

free 46inch Bravia .. omg! i would sell that in a heartbeat to be honest

Just got mine from Saturn in central Munich. Not much of a ruckus there with still plenty of supply left. Outsitting my update process atm....

I'm not so sure about that.
The list of online retailers with this warfare pricing is pretty short, two young guns nobody ever heard about say "in stock", and there's Neckermann but they're not claiming stock. OTOH I'm hearing of many Media Markt and Saturn markets with extremeley sweet deals, but you'll just have to drive there.

On Amazon the core system is at 199€ and the premium is 320€. Lowest prices I found online (just a quick search though).

Mine arrived in the post at 9am. So far quite impressed, everything feels very sleek and well put together. And it's practically silent, no more annoying tin of wasps buzzing away in the corner. Just downloading the 1.6 update now.

edit.
I was in the local GAME store yesterday, they're doing a very healthy business in trade ins. You get £180 for a premium 360, £150 for a Wii. Basically means you can get a PS3 for just over £200 and some games if you trade in your 360\Wii ones. They had a small queue whilst I was there.

On Amazon the core system is at 199€ and the premium is 320€. Lowest prices I found online (just a quick search though).
Wow, you're right, didn't even see that.
Must be a pretty recent move though, as in this listing Amazon.de is still tracked at 399,99€.

Yay! Finally got mine too:D Along with Resistance FOM.
Downloading GT HD Concept 2.0, Motorstorm and F1 demoes now:D

Back