Ninja Gaiden Sigma a port? Who cares?

I tseems some peoiple are upset over PS3's Ninja Gaiden isn't 100% new and original. (Bit of a misnomer there really. Since when was ANY game entirely new/original? :cool:)

Actually I hink this game will be extrelely new and original for all those people who never owned an xbox or played xbox NG. ..Which should be a very large amount of people actually - mysef included - so hooray for ports I say.

Here's to hoping tthere's an EZ-mode too as I heard the xbox original was crazy difficult.. I just can'rt enjoy games like that; I hate dying.

Peace.

Some people might also be upset, when you decided to make a new thread for this instead of posting Here.

I don't think the game was that difficult anyway. It just has a steeper learning curve. Not just button bashing and running, but you actually had to think about what you were doing. And if you end up dying you can pretty much only blame yourself as the controls are pretty much perfect.

A port?

Tecmo are upset that you all think the upcoming Ninja Gaiden Sigma on PS3 is "just a port". Like, inconsolable. "It's not just a port!" their PR guy sobbed behind a veil of tears, "that's not fair!". I bought him an ice cream, which stopped the tears, but it didn't shut him up.

In their defence, they're citing 3 new chapters, all-new textures, models, enemies and animations, 60 FPS and the ability to load the entire game onto your HDD to get it loading faster. Oh, and Rachel:

However, most of the new changes are for the freshly playable Rachel, who will have a completely separate catalogue of attacks and animations, new story missions and mission-mode levels, as well as the sort of jiggly body-parts only Team Ninja can integrate.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/ninja-gaiden-sigma/ninja-gaiden-sigma-just-a-port-244954.php

Install the whole game on the harddrive? It better be a small game (and I wouldn't think its not possible since its originally a last-gen game), otherwise 60gigs is going to be used up pretty quick.

Install the whole game on the harddrive? It better be a small game (and I wouldn't think its not possible since its originally a last-gen game), otherwise 60gigs is going to be used up pretty quick.

I doubt it will install more than 5gb. Theres no other game that installs more than that to my knowledge. They don't install the complete game (otherwise you wouldnt need the disc), just a portion.

They said entire game. ;)

Its not like that really matters as far as the size of the hard drive though. Its not like its forever on your hard drive and its not even required. I am curious to how long the load times are and if its even really worth doing.

Got the XBox version sitting around somewhere. Never got around to playing it....

Strangly, this will likely prevent me from buying the PS3 version.

I'm sure somebody understands. :cry:

Got the XBox version sitting around somewhere. Never got around to playing it....

Its the only game I enjoyed playing on Xbox among Halo, Halo2, DOA, PGR2 and Forza. I would suggest you play it someday.

It better be a small game (and I wouldn't think its not possible since its originally a last-gen game), otherwise 60gigs is going to be used up pretty quick.
Even if it isn't small and eats 20+ gigs the game won't sit there forever. It can be deleted when you're not actively playing it again. Or you could opt not install it at all I guess.

I understand that controllers are very expensive to replace. ;)
That's what I'm afraid of too.. :oops:
Peace.

Shame on you, put it in and start rocking now! You won't regret it.

Even if it isn't small and eats 20+ gigs the game won't sit there forever. It can be deleted when you're not actively playing it again. Or you could opt not install it at all I guess.

I suppose. But it might become a slippery slope when it comes down to game loading. Suppose if devs start moving in the direction of leaving games to load very slowly without installing and all games begin to offer this option to save devs time. I think its going to become a real pain.

I also want to add that this game on Xbox was so good, I'd buy the PS3 version and play it again.

Much more a remake than a port, I think we could all agree on that.

This game looks amazing, it makes me really curious to see how good NG2 is shaping up, I wonder when we'll ever hear anything about that...

Agreed. I'm jealus of this remake. The screens so far look much improved from what I consider to be one of the best looking games last gen. Add the fact this game rocks (yes, it's a fact) and well, I'm sad it isn't coming to xb360. As Scoob pointed out though, NG2 will ease my pain.:cool:

Crayon, open the game and plug it into your dusty xbox now! I would have a very difficult time naming a better action based game last gen. Or save yourself the surprise and purchase this version for your ps3. In all it's HD glory! :devilish:

I doubt it will install more than 5gb. Theres no other game that installs more than that to my knowledge. They don't install the complete game (otherwise you wouldnt need the disc), just a portion.

They said entire game. ;)

Its not like that really matters as far as the size of the hard drive though. Its not like its forever on your hard drive and its not even required. I am curious to how long the load times are and if its even really worth doing.

One wonders if they're re-rendering those CG movies at HD 1080p... Those are things I can't imagine they'll install. It'd be like PC games of past where you get the option to install game files and leave out the cinematics because they take up too much bloody space, and they'll stream just fine from the disc.

One wonders if they're re-rendering those CG movies at HD 1080p... Those are things I can't imagine they'll install. It'd be like PC games of past where you get the option to install game files and leave out the cinematics because they take up too much bloody space, and they'll stream just fine from the disc.

I think this makes the most sense, also. It wouldn't really add any performance to put the cinematics on the HD anyway.

And yes this game is one of my all-time favorites. The high(ish) learning curve is well worth it to overcome because once you become competent the controls are right on the money and you can pull of some pretty impressive combos. The simplest thing to remember early on is that the block button is your friend. It works almost all the time and it allows you slow down the action while you adapt to each situation. The block/diveroll/leap/flying slash combo is pretty effective early on, too.

Back