Star Ocean: The Second Story

I am assuming I am a minority considering this game did not receive wide acclaim in North America, nowhere near the Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy franchises.

If you did play it, from beginning to end...did you enjoy it? In my humble opinion this might very well be the most engaging RPG for the PS1 era. Star Ocean 2 = kickass

I guess after the letdown that Star Ocean 3 was (IMO again), anyone hoping for a sequel for the PS3 or 360 for that matter?

If they return classic elements from SO2 (such as customizations, the world map, MORE worlds, more private actions, insane killer move animations, etc.) and rock-solid voice acting, we might have another classic next-gen....

I'd have to agree, while I did enjoy SO3, it was very disappointing after how ridiculously good SO2 was.

I'm a big J-RPG fan but I could never appreciate SO2 or 3. I remember both games having some beautiful soundtracks but the realtime battles were too chaotic, unbalanced and the AI was very disappointing.

I'm a big J-RPG fan but I could never appreciate SO2 or 3. I remember both games having some beautiful soundtracks but the realtime battles were too chaotic, unbalanced and the AI was very disappointing.

I guess its all about balance. The "team formation" helps a lot too. While some people would like mages to wreak havoc upon their enemies, I liked a consistent attacking crew.

I finished the Cave of Trials (Final dungeon after beating story mode's final boss) at universe using this team:

Claude + Dias + Ashton + Rena...

It was like hot knife on butter with all their special attacks unlocked and weapons maxed...except of course until I met the Iselia Queen at Universe mode. It's almost close to impossible to beat that thing.

Back