GT 5 Prologue this fall, Gran Turismo 5 spring 2008

wow, the car model keeps getting better and the lighting just brings it ever closer to real, i cant c any aliasing at all. maybe 4xMSAA?
The lighting is great, as usual, but it's not next gen lighting. It's too static. This saga (GT) definitely needs HDR, badly, and not just a unique light source.

The video is great, graphics are cool but watching this video is like watching a very nice compiling of the good ol' tricks.

The lighting is great, as usual, but it's not next gen lighting. It's too static. This saga (GT) definitely needs HDR, badly, and not just a unique light source.

The video is great, graphics are cool but watching this video is like watching a very nice compiling of the good ol' tricks.

Have you played GT:HD yet ?

Coming out of the tunnel there are some nice 'next-gen' lighting effects. I hope we don't get to the stage where games have to have unrealistic levels of bloom/hdr to be considered to have 'next-gen' lighting though.

EDIT: Having said that though, I would like to see some cloud/shadow effects rolling across the sky/ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
gtmai9hr5.jpg

Sweet mother of god :oops: :oops: :oops:

Holy crap!! I am absolutly speechless :eek: :eek:

How the hell did they managed to do that oO

JESUS!!

This is why I keep saying (I know..I'm boring!) that most of the racers out there have plastic looking cars, GT series is on another planet from this point of view.

Yeah in most pretty much all other racers the glass, the metal and even the tires seem to have the same smooth texture and they only difference is the amount of shine. While this the rubber on the tires, the grill and the metal all look like they are made of different materials.

This is why I keep saying (I know..I'm boring!) that most of the racers out there have plastic looking cars, GT series is on another planet from this point of view.

The GT serie always got a very good replay mode, really like TV!!!
It's the strenght of the GT serie, but compare to the in-game it's like you don't play the same game, I expect that this was less in GT5.

The GT serie always got a very good replay mode, really like TV!!!
It's the strenght of the GT serie, but compare to the in-game it's like you don't play the same game, I expect that this was less in GT5.
Dunno about GTHD as I haven't played it yet, but in GT3/GT4 replay modes graphics is very close to the in game graphics, I think only DOF is added. I still expect GT5 to add to replay modes various effects (DOF, motion blur, etc..) without sacrifying in game cars shading.

Dunno about GTHD as I haven't played it yet, but in GT3/GT4 replay modes graphics is very close to the in game graphics, I think only DOF is added. I still expect GT5 to add to replay modes various effects (DOF, motion blur, etc..) without sacrifying in game cars shading.
i agree with you on GT3/4, and i also think GT:HD in-game looks similar to the replays.

Sorry but the replay in GT4 is more TV realist on the visual aspect (like when you see motorsport on TV) and the In-game is great but look like a video game ;) .

But yes if you use the in car view or road view the replay was near the same that's the in-game.
Look the GT4HD trailer the road view was under the quality of the camera "TV" view (who's 80% of this trailer).
GT replay it's like a "TV show"

Sorry but the replay in GT4 is more TV realist on the visual aspect (like when you see motorsport on TV) and the In-game is great but look like a video game ;) .

But yes if you use the in car view or road view the replay was near the same that's the in-game.
Look the GT4HD trailer the road view was under the quality of the camera "TV" view (who's 80% of this trailer).
GT replay it's like a "TV show"
TV look is achieved through camera movements and depth of field (and motion blur in GTHD), all the rest stays the same, cars don't suddenly get less realistic, shading wise, while you're playing the game

TV look is achieved through camera movements and depth of field (and motion blur in GTHD), all the rest stays the same, cars don't suddenly get less realistic, shading wise, while you're playing the game

Not only, in GT4 you have heat from the road, etc that give more realistic on the visual aspect, and for the cars they are also more realist in the TV replay than the in-game, more polish and some little things who enhance the visual.

I only speak on the visual impression not the number of polygons by car, I think in replay you can enhance the AA, the lighting/shadow due to the fact that was scripted…

Not only, in GT4 you have heat from the road, etc that give more realistic on the visual aspect, and for the cars they are also more realist in the TV replay than the in-game, more polish and some little things who enhance the visual.
I can assure you that in game models and replay models/"shaders" at least in GT3/4 are exactly the same..hiihh ;)

I can assure you that in game models and replay models/"shaders" at least in GT3/4 are exactly the same..hiihh ;)

May be on the technical aspect (I'm not able to tell not ;), I think you know it more me :LOL: ) but for the visual I think they are more "beautiful", it's my feeling.

When was the most recent GT5 video posted on the PlayStation Store? I looked on the Japanese, American, and HK store and could find no new movies showing the pic posted in this thread. To tell you the truth I'm still waiting for FLOW to come out on the Japanese store. How much localization can that game really have!!

Back