GT 5 Prologue this fall, Gran Turismo 5 spring 2008

And yet you (claim to) KNOW how what's involved in the physics calculations for each (different) game (on a different platform)? :p

Hong.

I thought that was common knowledge? I had worked it all out based on texture cache size and main memory bandwidth. Oh, and FLOPs of course. Surely it's in a thread around here somewhere...

I thought that was common knowledge? I had worked it all out based on texture cache size and main memory bandwidth. Oh, and FLOPs of course. Surely it's in a thread around here somewhere...

Sorry to say, but your calculations don't mean much in the real world. There are far too many factors involved. What if they decide to use 3X more polygons than you antipicated or barrage the game with advanced shaders? This is far from "common knowledge."

Sorry to say, but your calculations don't mean much in the real world. There are far too many factors involved. What if they decide to use 3X more polygons than you antipicated or barrage the game with advanced shaders? This is far from "common knowledge."

lol, a few people in this thread need to get their sarcasm meter replaced STAT!

Aren't people getting a bit ahead of themselves when we don't even know how GT5 will end up looking?

PD are known for making amazing/photo-realistic looking racer. Just look at GT4, it is the best looking racer last-gen!. GT5 can only be beaten by GT6!

A new video? Nice.
This might sound kinda odd, but I hope they don't update the demo with new cars/tracks. I would rather let them save all their content for the final game. I would like to be surprised and have something fresh to play when the game comes out. That said, I would love for them to input a photo mode into the demo. I think they mentioned a while ago they might do that, but I haven't heard about it since. Allow us to import our saved pictures to the hard drive (meaning in the XMB) and maybe even video if possible. I would love that 10x more than just 1-2 cars. :)

Not too shabby

Video

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=19174&type=wmv

gthdnissian-1.jpg

gthdnissian-2.jpg

gthdnissian-4.jpg

Incredible car modelling, and lighting, as always. A couple more pics from the trailer, from neoGAF, just because it's worth it!

gtmai12yo4.jpg

gtmai9hr5.jpg

wow, the car model keeps getting better and the lighting just brings it ever closer to real, i cant c any aliasing at all. maybe 4xMSAA?

wow, the car model keeps getting better and the lighting just brings it ever closer to real, i cant c any aliasing at all. maybe 4xMSAA?

That would be mostly due to the compression, and downsampling of those images.

@ 4x AA aliasing is still clearly visible.

Back