New site

Also, it's extremely saddening to see that all URLs pointing to forum threads (since the last forum overhaul) now no longer work.
A good bunch of the old forum URLs from beyond3d.com/forum will now redirect to the right place, hopefully catching most of the old links and bookmarks that might persist. If people spot any others we'll take a look and try and fix.

A good bunch of the old forum URLs from beyond3d.com/forum will now redirect to the right place, hopefully catching most of the old links and bookmarks that might persist. If people spot any others we'll take a look and try and fix.
Yay, thanks.

Jawed

Just a quick note to say....

I like it!

Well done on the new look, and the speedy conversion.

Must admit i dont particularly like the new front page, but then again, its probably mostly the well known "anti-change-genes" playing havoc with my mind.

I just sort of feel i cant easily see "what is what" on the frontpage, with no borders/backgroud colors etc. and all the "weird" hexus links which doesnt really fit on the front page of B3D imho.

Speedwise i do like the upgrade. Never had a problem with the old one, but the new one does feel abit faster/snappier.

I just sort of feel i cant easily see "what is what" on the frontpage, with no borders/backgroud colors etc. and all the "weird" hexus links which doesnt really fit on the front page of B3D imho.

Just noticed its now hosted by and the content is copywrited by hexus, so i guess that explains it ........

I just sort of feel i cant easily see "what is what" on the frontpage, with no borders/backgroud colors etc.
This will change in due time.
The site style is still far from definitive. We have just launched with the most basic configuration.

With that said, folks who like simplicity, fear not, the definitive site style won't be cluttered or anything of the sort. It will just be easier to read and navigate for the end user.

Hexus pixels ltd is not Hexus (or there wouldn't need to be two of them, would there?) The link for Beyond3D has been on Hexus front page since last August (?) when it was announced we were partnering with them (here, Inq, elsewhere). That hasn't changed. There are, after all, all kinds of new things on the front page, and more to come. We've finally control of the ability to add new content types and spread out the number of people who can provide them. The people bringing you Beyond3d.com last week are the same ones bringing it to you today.

Also would explain David Ross coming on board as the Commercial Director. :yep2:

Where have you been?

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?p=830847 That's from September. And references Rys original "hello" post from July that says HEXUS will be helping out on the commercial end.

What happened today is that we now have a site design that we control completely and can make fit our needs and partnerships going forward. It's nothing more than a reflection of what was decided *and communicated* 8 months ago, on the first day of Rys tenure as EIC.

It got rushed a bit at the end is all, to have it in place for CeBIT so gladhanding there could happen with the spiffy new site in place rather than the dowdy/creaky (he said affectionately, but having seen it from the inside now, decisively) old site.

Usual places, why?

Sorry, just the first time I've seen David post. Kind of surprised me.

Ah, well, unsurprisingly, one of the requests for taking over the commercial stuff was that we make the site actually. . .you know. . . modern and attractive. :smile: Give him something to work with, as it were. Now that we're there, so is he. . .

Nope, that's new. I have a lovely picture of Tim being silly that I'm dieing to show everyone. . .but he'd probably cry, so we've decided to give him a little time to come up with a different one.

For Ratchet we apparently are going to have to send ninja photogs out with a bounty offer.

As for Vy, it's a good thing we all know he has a wicked sense of humour, as there apparently is a law from 1871 forbidding Frenchmen to smile for a camera. :cool:

I never realized how bad the main page needed to be changed:???:....it looks really good now.

Back