If I just got an X360...

Depends on what your gaming preferences are. I am considering buying a 360 for Gears yesterday Blue Dragon and Bioshock almost now, Halo 3 tomorrow and Xbox Live always.

Viva Pinata and Kameo might be a good choice for you and the kids.

Otherwise you might like Crackdown, since you enjoyed the GTAs. Gears of War should be right up your alley as well.

Crackdown
Lost Planet (multiplayer)
GoW
NHL 2k7
Dead Rising
Kameo (cheap)
GRAW2
Viva Pinata
PGR3 (cheap)
R6 Vegas
Test Drive Unlimited
CoD2 (cheap)
Condemned (cheap)
Geometry Wars (arcade)
Oblivion

Gears of War, that's the one I was thinking of. :)

It's only a loner, my friend's grounded their kid from his X360 for a few weeks so I asked him if I could check it out and he lent it to me. My son is playing RainbowSix Vegas right now and it's the only 360 title we have, I was planning on heading out and renting a few to check out.

Is there a good Tekken type fighting game? And we're getting Halo 2 later, his Mom was hiding it from him and he has no clue where. :LOL:

EDITED BITS: Oh, and I wasn't figuring on getting a Live account since I'd only have it a short while.

It's only a loner, my friend's grounded their kid from his X360 for a few weeks so I asked him if I could check it out and he lent it to me. My son is playing RainbowSix Vegas right now and it's the only 360 title we have, I was planning on heading out and renting a few to check out.

Is there a good Tekken type fighting game? And we're getting Halo 2 later, his Mom was hiding it from him and he has no clue where. :LOL:

EDITED BITS: Oh, and I wasn't figuring on getting a Live account since I'd only have it a short while.

Virtua Fighter 5 will be there in the coming months and the Dead or Alive Series is less complex but racier and is already in stores.

Is it worth trying? Why not use it yourself?

DoA4 sounds like a must, as is GoW and Halo2....what's the funnest/best looking racing game?

BTW-It looks REALLY nice on the 42" plasma, I don't think we'll be getting a Wii after seeing this. :D

Gears of War
Rainbow Six Vegas
GRAW2
Burnout Revenge
Madden 07
COD2 for best SP, COD3 for MP
Oblivion if your PC stinks

There are more, but they depend on your preference and are not as universal (ie. the piniata game)

what's the funnest/best looking racing game?
Burnout Revenge. I also recomend trying Fight Night Round 3 over DoA4, but they are both fun games in their own right. Acutally I think you can download demos for all of them on Live, and just sign up for live with a Hotmail account and you get a month of the Gold service free. Hit me up for some Gears if you like, my gamertag is kylebiseme.

I get a month's free live if I sign up with a hotmail acct? Thanks for the tip!

Just checked local and there is like NOTHING decent to rent, opened a Gamefly account and they're shipping a few out. :)

Should be Viva Pinate and Gears of War first on deck, with Sonic & DoA4 waiting in the wings.

60+ demo's on live, no account is needed.

Back