The LittleBigPlanet pre-release Saga

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quaz, that was an incredible contrivence! Filled the thermometer!
Does the game feature a way to watch for levels from a particular user? Like, oh... Quaz?
Yes, you can readily find al the levels created by a player, or hearted by a player, and generally track player paths through the world of creating and sharing. TBH I found the interface rather cluttered in my briefest of visits, but it probably makes sense if you actually have a look at it!

That mechanical adder is genius Quaz! I wish I thought of it first.

Can you explain what each of those reusable shapes are? Logic gates? Buffers? It's hard to make out the logic from the you tube video?

Quaz basically built a chip layout :D. Design your own chips in LBP ... lol! Maybe they can make a special version for designing chips and do a contest for who can design the next Cell ... ;)

This is all from one brief glimpse at the video though so take with a grain of salt ...

Quaz basically built a chip layout :D. Design your own chips in LBP ... lol! Maybe they can make a special version for designing chips and do a contest for who can design the next Cell ... ;)

This is all from one brief glimpse at the video though so take with a grain of salt ...

Lego Mindstorm addon pack confirmed!

Seriously that would be a cool addition to the game.

Pen and paper :)

My tablet doesn't appear to work with PS3. It's an old Wacom and the XMB didn't pick it up, whereas the guy saying tablet's were supported showed his new Wacom pluggin traight in and running.
The XMB seems to detect my Wacom tablet without much problems (I can brows and select by using my pen) but in LBP it doesn't seem to be supported.

They have picture grabbing already, and I'm sure someone at SCEE or wherever creating PSEye tech demos of tanks etc. has a function pretty much ready to go.
Wont eyepet ship with the possiblity of drawings thing, hold it for the eyetoy and to import it as an 3D object ?

This is simply consuming me right now - all can think about is things/levels I can make!

Even I can use this excellent 'tool'...last night I came up with an idea for a level, after I fleshed out a very basic set, me and my eldest son (11) were just bouncing ideas and putting them into action - it's great stuff.

My only problem is forgetting to glue! I need to start my level again - this time with glue EVERYWHERE! Having said that I think I should move onto another project, I don't want to waste time 'fine tuning' or anything when I could start something else (and it's possible that everything will be lost)...I'm thinking of now making a big monster with moving parts.

So that's me - 1st a volcano, then a shell of a level and now a monster with moving parts - hopefully this will give me good knowledge for when the retail comes out :)

The XMB seems to detect my Wacom tablet without much problems (I can brows and select by using my pen) but in LBP it doesn't seem to be supported.

Thanks for the test. This is what I wanted to know.

Wont eyepet ship with the possiblity of drawings thing, hold it for the eyetoy and to import it as an 3D object ?

PS Eye import is useful for LittleBigPlanet too. It is a perfect fit for a sub-3D world like LBP.

I look forward to EyePet more because of the AI. Personalization is nice but I think LBP has more breadth and depth in the user-generated content area.

Sony should make LBP the Home world ? :p
It is much more engaging because of the user-generated content aspect. SackBoys are also more expressive than regular Home folks. In-game advertising (Furnitures and what not) is still possible within LBP. Dress can be launched as a separate app. The only missing pieces are an open game launching service and a larger concurrent user size.

Actually I'd been a bit skeptical about this game which is taking so long to develop, but after seeing these videos doing storytelling, computer, shooting game, engine, etc etc I'm starting to think this little game is becoming something even bigger than what I originally thought it to be. Oh and the new angle is very cool, it makes nice puppet show effects.

UPDATE: All gone, that was quik! Owe you big time Cornsnake!

That's alright. I'm glad more people got in. After all my searching, I still needed a friend to point me to that site. Thought I'd post the link on a few forums I visit while I was downloading, so more people I know can get in.

Actually I'd been a bit skeptical about this game which is taking so long to develop, but after seeing these videos doing storytelling, computer, shooting game, engine, etc etc I'm starting to think this little game is becoming something even bigger than what I originally thought it to be. Oh and the new angle is very cool, it makes nice puppet show effects.

Yes, LBP is phenomenal, but I am wary about their community management. Recently they locked a creator out because he made a level with corpses (The theme was murder suspense).

LBP does not have built-in level filtering yet. It's based freely on tags now. So I can understand why they want to take the content out. But I think they acted too harshly by locking the creator out completely, and they do so without any communications.

They should appoint a community manager asap to deal with situations like this. I have seen website growth stunted because of community issues. It was only obvious when comparing successful and not-so-successful sites. I am not sure if Sony understands the dynamics behind LBP. By "understand", I also mean the willingness to take extra trouble to connect with people.

Communication is one of the worst areas for Sony this gen. It will hurt LBP and their user generated efforts if they behave "as is".

i make an "electronic" 8bit calculator (not "mechanical" calculator). it can do Add and Sub.
Man... I ran across this earlier on Kotaku and shared it around a bit before coming here and finding out you frickin' DID it! Kudos! I am impressed and even slightly scared of you! :p

Oh, okay. Still, it's tricky and can easily be improved upon, with a little addition to the existing tech.

The idea of a rocket-launcher isn't as straight-forward as it sounds. I've just been trying to get a lead attached to a 'dog' on castors. Turns out a minimum size of grabbable material is needed, which is quite a lump. Actually it must be a minimum mass? A broad, thin sheet of polysterene was grabbable from all positions. Still, little handles don't appeat to be an option, unless cylinders are less grabbable than cuboids? And objects like that are generally unwieldy it appears. Also attaching the polystyrene handle to some string, it's as though the string attachment added considerable weight. It was no longer possible to jump around with the polystyrene. I could jump up, but trying to jump left or right just failed, and the handle was dragged along the floor. I'm not convinced a weapon could be built that was 'shoulder mounted' or head mounted or held in front of SB. It'd have to be something substantial moved along the floor, like a mini-cannon.

Well I have a gun. Use floaty stuff.

Just got the beta code yesterday, didn't have much time to play LBP yet, only the first "tutorial" level.
Can't wait to get my hands on building things!

I think this game actually boosts one's IQ :)

My mind is starting to bubble with ideas...

That last one is hilarious! "Throw them in the fire!" :LOL:
And I loved when he got the car/demon skull on the platform and it went down and the floor closed. Very neat. :D

That god of war stage is SO much fun to play. Played with 1 friend and had a plast, tried with 3 people and got some serious lag / frame rate issues, lol. Still, this guy has been putting out some quality stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back