The LittleBigPlanet pre-release Saga

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice clip here (it gets a half-decent close-up at the end)

Very nice ! Come on, show more camera angle already :p

I might buy a new PS3 for home just for this game. Sony (or a third party), please make more educational game so that I can justify to my wife about the sales. PC CD-ROM titles are great for kids. Make those available on PS3 too (Mostly Macromedia stuff).

I presume patsu's talking about the other clip with off-camera angles ;) Checking my LBP Movie Databse, where every LBP movie is saved, filed away and tagged with source links and keywords...

Oh right, I don't have one. I'll, um, go Internet searching. Not GT, which has a limited selection. Probably YouTube then. Right, Search for LittleBigPlanet on YouTube and the thumbnails nicely highlights the clip...

Definitely look like an in-game feature. After all, they don't use anything the world at launch isn't going to have, at least in theory.

Nice with the camera, and everyone ignored that they made a primitive sequencer in that level :)

RIAA is gonna have alot of work on their hands when i make some Prince Levels..!

You can only use the music and sounds that ship with the game. Unless you can recreate Prince using edits of the in-game library, you are thwarted.

Some nice material being posted but it all leads to one thing:

We must remove flame-throwing cats from the hands of terrorists.

Ok, be forewarned that this article has a bit of a flameish undertone to it, so if you're weak knee'd about these kind of things please skip:

http://www.gameplayer.com.au/gp_documents/LittleBigPlanet-Embarrass.aspx?catid=Features&Page=1

It does however bring up a good point in that if LBP does hit its stride and comes close to its potential it'll take more than just a response title by MS. It may also take a reworking of their current business model.

Another tidbit:

And while Nick informed us that there is already 12 months of planned DLC for the game, it will come in the form of new editing tools – a mini music studio was spoken about but not confirmed – coupled with levels that show off what it can do.

So we may just get custom music as a dlc addon, excellent.

This game will depend on the people making the dlc in the community. I really want to see how they handle submissions. This isn't ut3 or other games that require alot of knowledge to make mods. This seems that anyone can do it and will people put up high quality stuff or will it all be dick and fart jokes and the game dies out ?

I don't know but i have mine reserved and at worse i play the offical dlc and move on at best i will be download levels for this 10 years from now.

As for ms, i'm sure if this is sucessfull they will open up some restrictions.

That article seems to confirm Sony's first party developers are making theme'd LBP levels for their own franchise's. Something which I was already hoping for.

I think we can all look past the under tones in that article, and agree that the fact that Sony and Mircosoft have to compete for our money, is only a good thing for gamers.

[modhat]That article is off-topic, as its not really discussing LBP, instead talking about Live! and its approach to user created content. Or content in general, seeing as they link to developer complaints too.[/modhat]

I'll put this in big blue so people understand where I'm coming from ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean RIAA? Prince will be knocking down your door all by himself :)

I just figured i could maybe create 1999 as a primitive tracker song as showed in the example. Nice workaround ehhh... and insanely stupid :)

I just figured i could maybe create 1999 as a primitive tracker song as showed in the example. Nice workaround ehhh... and insanely stupid :)

Not so stupid (insane for picking Prince maybe :p), I want to do one with the song Shout with toga'd sackboys running around platforming to the rhythm of the song. Ok, now that's stupid!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back