Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 7537

Awesome¡¡¡

Part 1
Part 2

littlebigplanet2vi7.jpg
littlebigplanet3zi3.jpg

I read 'Little Big' and almost wet myself ... then I read 'Planet' and was soo dissapointed!

When are we gonna get a Little Big Adventure 3 god damn it!!!!

This looks nice though

I read 'Little Big' and almost wet myself ... then I read 'Planet' and was soo dissapointed!

When are we gonna get a Little Big Adventure 3 god damn it!!!!

This looks nice though

i was thinking the same thing actually! , except the part with wetting myself :LOL:

Yeah that game deserves a thread on its own.
I think I watched the trailer 4/5 times because it was so cool looking and to see what physics were going on.
I hope there is a way to save a level in a current state that you can reset , so you can have stunt jumping/racing competitions with your friends etc. I think people will come up with some pretty cool ideas.

Easily, eeeeeeeeeeeeasily the best graphics so far. Looks like something out of Pixar.

Agreed.
The game is awesome!
I would like to see viewtiful joe with a gfx like that.
But the key factor IMO is the user's content and community. The game replay will be huge.

This game looks fantastic. I wish they'd demonstrated some more complex tools for animating the level and deforming terrain. This game has some serious rube goldberg machine potential.

I think it was asked in another thread, but what is the relationship between MM and Sony?

It's a publisher/developer relationship, I guess what some consider 'second party'.

This game looks fantastic. I wish they'd demonstrated some more complex tools for animating the level and deforming terrain. This game has some serious rube goldberg machine potential.

The 'sharing' video has some neat time lapse footage of the creation aspect, showing some more of that..like how to make a volcano, angling off corners of a block etc. It's really cool.

Easily my most wanted game right now by a fair margin.

Much like Insomniac then?

I hope it's a long and fruitful relationship, as I could get used to this type of game.

There is a Gamespot article about this subject: link

It seems they pitched the idea to Sony when it was till just a 2D prototype with stick figures. But Sony got excited and basically fully funded the development of it as a full game.

The pair described their relationship with Sony as a complete partnership instead of the adversarial relationship developers and publishers can sometimes have. Evans said that Sony has given them straight forward feedback at every step of the way, and that they have the option to disregard some of it when they feel it wouldn't make for a better game.

For Media Molecule's part, the pair said they insist on being completely honest about how far along they are on making their milestones, what direction they're taking with the game, and so on.

"That way, if it goes wrong, we can blame them," Healey joked.

IMG_0628003_screen.jpg

It's a publisher/developer relationship, I guess what some consider 'second party'.

The 'sharing' video has some neat time lapse footage of the creation aspect, showing some more of that..like how to make a volcano, angling off corners of a block etc. It's really cool.

Easily my most wanted game right now by a fair margin.

Where can I find the sharing video? I wasn't interested in the PS3 much, but this game has definitely changed my mind. If this team is going to be a PS3 exclusive, it's something I'll be watching very closely.

Where can I find the sharing video? I wasn't interested in the PS3 much, but this game has definitely changed my mind. If this team is going to be a PS3 exclusive, it's something I'll be watching very closely.

It is like Ninja Theory(2nd party), they are exclusive to PS3. I see on develomag that they are first party but I'm not sure. They are PS3 exclusive for sure.

http://www.developmag.com/news/26008/Sony-and-Media-Molecule-land-on-LittleBigPlanet

The first game to capitalise on Sony's vision for ultra-connected user-driven games is Media Molecule's first party game LittleBigPlanet.

:???:

I think it's a case of different terminology from different people. Some people consider anything Sony publishes to be first party, regardless of whether the company is owned by them or not. I'd often refer to their "first party publishing portfolio" myself, referring to all games in the stable. I don't think Sony bought Media Molecule though.

Where can I find the sharing video?

You can catch it on this page. It's the same clip they showed at the conference at the end of the LBP segment, but direct feed.

A big benefit to LittleBigPlanet apears t be the motion controls of sixaxis, Watch the full presentation and towards the end, Phil takes a bow with his controller. That'd contribute a huge amount to the seen versatility of the dolls. Leg stick for arms, right stick for legs (or whatever it is) and motion control for leaning etc.

Technically, I want to know how they've implemented the motion blur, which looks flawless in the trailers. They've also got excellent texture sampling. Looking at the lighting, there's a feel of GI there which I'd like explained too. Have they got some simple AO engine running? The game itself is 2.5 D, and the physics engine is 2D, so that's quite simple and straightforward. An excellent choice too from a design POV. It keeps content creation and gameplay simple, and encourages the idea of 2D cutouts which contribute so much to the art direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back