Guys, do you apply face care products everyday?

Uh yeah what's up with all the macho men. You obviously don't need any face products because your skin is naturally moist and girly :LOL: :LOL:

Face care products != makeup.

Never said it is (although it seems to me that it is the same companies manufacturing the stuff...). Further, make-up or not, these products have traditionally been targeted at women...

These said companies are, of course, interested in doubling their market...it doesn't mean you have to fall for it! :rolleyes:

You see, extreme vanity is not considered an attractive feature in a man according to pretty much all women I have discussed this with. Probably because it's rooted in insecurity, which women find highly unattractive.

P.S. Me and Frank Constanza have designed another product I think you'd like - The Broâ„¢. The bra for men.

(gawd how I despise this manufactured metrosexual "culture")

Look at all the metrosexuals getting defensive about the number of hairs on their gonads! Well, actually, metrosexuals probably shave those anyway. . . :cool:

You see, extreme vanity is not considered an attractive feature in a man according to pretty much all women I have discussed this with. Probably because it's rooted in insecurity, which women find highly unattractive.

So hang on, are you saying that "extreme vanity" = the use of any face care products? Which appears to be what you're implying.

though I think many of these guys have pretty rock solid confidence levels. I mean if you can feel like a man after you first have a cat fight with your girlfriend on who get's to use the bathroom mirror first and then spend 30 minutes of time and valuable resources on your face?! to look prettier! You have to have some serious confidence :devilish:

BTW nice to see a fellow viking taking no prisoners attitude on this important matter:smile:

I think too many people are confusing the use of facial products with vain obsessions. It takes all of six seconds to rub in some neutrogena after shave or something. That's a far cry from standing in front of a mirror for 30 minutes plucking your eyebrows and combing your hair.

I am one of the most homophobic and anti-metro ppl I know (growing up we hadn't yet embraced our gay brethren like here in the states) yet I have no problem with washing my face...so I don't see the connection at all.

I like this CosmoKramer guy. Well said. I dont like all these new feminine beauty products for me.

There is a different with just washing your face, and using all these new anti-wrinkle, and other crap is a different story. Heck, I didnt shower for 17 days straight last month. :eek: But thats a little over kill.

I no longer do, as I no longer need to. Growing up I used a number of products to handle my oily skin. I really see no issue in using products, many people do need to use products if they have oily skin, dry skin, etc. Why some guys have such issues I can only go with that they are insecure of being thought of as gay.

I do wash my hair ever day, oily hair is extremely nasty. I've known far to many people who think washing their hair once a week is good enough, its not. I do not want to have you rub your hair and then touch me and literally feel the oil... I do wash my face with water every day and I do throughly wash my facial hair every day for similar reasons as my hair. Taking care of your body is a good thing, and I feel rather sorry for those who feel they are less of a man because of it.

I really see no issue in using products, many people do need to use products if they have oily skin, dry skin, etc. Why some guys have such issues I can only go with that they are insecure of being thought of as gay.

I'm not homophobic, infact there have been more than one occasion that someone has asked me whether I'm gay, and I have never gotten angry or anything like that in those situations, quite the contrary actually, those have been pretty humorous situations and I have gotten good lauch from those events...

Naturally if there is some sort of real problems with skin etc. it's another ball game altogether and using some aftershave lotion or curing acke etc. is not what I'm talking about. In the end I don't care what people do with their lives etc. but sometimes when I'm going out with my friends and notice how much effort they put in their appearance I can't help, but feel little at loss on what's going on and why.

Last edited by a moderator:
E-45 Lotion (moisturizer) on my hands and face twice a day, I have very dry skin and am allergic to almost all soaps/washes.

Takes all of 30 seconds to apply and stops my skin from cracking.

I feel that women look better in dresses than in tuxedos as well -
I disagree. I think women look much better in tux and nothing else (well, maybe with a mini skirt).

I'm terribly old-fashioned.
Then perhaps this thread will teach you how to take better care of the skin on your face. Such a practice isn't old-fashioned, even for a man, is it?

These said companies are, of course, interested in doubling their market...it doesn't mean you have to fall for it! :rolleyes:
So if I have oily face skin, I must resist this despicable behaviour of these money-grabbing companies and not buy products that help me?

If these companies products work as intended and help improve yourself physically (and your look is a physical attribute), why not?

We're not talking about "Guys, have you ever used Botox to get rid of wrinkles?".

And FYI, women DO like men with better face skin than they do with men with lousy face skin. If you have great face skin, then the point is moot, of course and I may actually understand better your comments here.

I have a wife and a son and I apply the face skin products I mentioned in my first post. Am I less of a "man"?

I dont believe I have ever applied any kind of facial care products or any products other than typical soap, shampoo, and conditioner. I dont tan, I dont get my hair done, I dont wear designer clothes, I dont wear pink etc.

The whole metrosexual aspect of male society kind of misses me (although I find it intriguing). Im pretty much the typical rough around the edges male in appearance.

The whole metrosexual aspect of male society kind of misses me (although I find it intriguing). Im pretty much the typical rough around the edges male in appearance.

I think that's where the confusion exists. We aren't talking about products that change your physical appearance.

Rev, metrosexuals are typically guys who try to look prettier than girls. They're vain, go shopping a lot, know how to color co-ordinate, cut their hair every week, pluck their eyebrows and all that other shit. The funny thing is that I don't know too many girls into "girly men". Although most women do want a man who doesn't just let himself go. There's a big chasm between those two extremes where you can safely be a man without looking like something just vomited you up :)

Facial care products? Not daily, only when I need them....Pimples? Okay, put on a cream. Boils? Okay...Skin feels oily? Just wash it well with a good soap and water (and I do not mean Cologne soaps, as I am not picky about soaps as long as they work well).

I frankly do not feel an absolute need to put these on daily. I currently do not feel an absolute need to satisfy any woman either. Being clean is a lot. I bathe every day (of course) with soap, brush my teeth, put on talcum powder, and occasionally deodorant when I'm going to a heavily populated area (such as a large area party). The soap and talcum powder usually leaves me smelling decent enough, but in large parties, one tends to sweat a lot more than usual, so deodorant becomes necessary. I do not think I need anything better than that, save some good clothes. :)

Back