Fable 2 from Lionhead

Lighting and shadowing looks real nice in the videos. Where's Fran at? :D

I hope we get online co-op. Molyneux seems to be hinting at it and something more.

It's coming along beautifully! The colors are so vibrant, it's really remarkable. The one thing I truly appreciated about Fable was its art direction. I still hold the first game as one of the most well designed games I've come across. I was just wondering about this game the other day. I'm happy to see Lionhead isn't asleep at the wheel.

The images at Eurogamer are beautiful IMO. Technically the engine may not be up there with the best, but in style it certainly has me sold.

I have always liked the art in Fable and Fable2 is no exception, it looks beautiful. The thing I really really dig right know are the lighting and the atmospheric effects if that is what it is. I really like it when light and light ray can be seen in the air, very cool...

I have always liked the art in Fable and Fable2 is no exception, it looks beautiful. The thing I really really dig right know are the lighting and the atmospheric effects if that is what it is. I really like it when light and light ray can be seen in the air, very cool...

I agree. It is so well lit, subtle, so pretty. Considering how basic the game looked on first showing I'm duly impressed.

Where's that water he promised to be much better than BioShock's? :p

Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to co-op a lot, and I like that they're using the dog as a sort of mini-map replacement. A lot of the time in Fable, I was only steering by looking at the mini-map, instead of looking at the game. :LOL:

Besides being set in the same area a few hundred years later, I wonder how they'll tie in any plot points from the first game.

Some colleagues of mine have noticed some characters floating above the ground and some odd animations. Those will be fixed, right :?:

The shadows didn't meet the feet as Molyneux and friend approached his home, but it was clearly a WIP, Peter commentating on a camera glitch as he showcased the game.

Ah... I wish I had speakers at [strike]work[/strike] this computer. :oops:

The camera work does look promising though for co-op. :)

The shadows didn't meet the feet as Molyneux and friend approached his home, but it was clearly a WIP, Peter commentating on a camera glitch as he showcased the game.

And stating there were 'at least ten things wrong' in that scene. :)

Anyway, I'm not big on RPG's but this looks like it's going to be interesting. Nice indeed.

Town shots on EG look very beautiful.
I also dig smooth indoor, outdoor transitions, simulated character responses, and other little things many current-gen games don't seem to get, at all.

I'm not an exploration guy though. Pretty much hate aimless wandering, and absence of loot makes it even less attractive for single player. It will be interesting to see if this co-op incentive is wise or not.

Aren't those town shots (and group fight) like, really old? From one of those dev docus? Or am I mistaken?

I like the co-op cam but i have a question..

What happens in really extreme cases? like if one character enters a house and goes upstair while another runs off in the opposite direction up the path towards the forest? :oops:

The mind boggles..

(My Guess?: apart from the camera going absolutely fucking mental before the build locks up with a load of asserts, it's still being worked out..

Am I anywhere close..?)

It'll zoom out. Google Earth style.

;)

But seriously, that's a good question. Maybe they'll change the display to split screen?

With co-op it's no problem of course.

Invisible barriers ftw. :p It seemed like both would be constrained to a certain extent so as not to have either player go too far in one direction. Perhaps they will limit it even more once someone enters a building.

I'd go with constraints too. Plus what idiot is going to go running up stairs when they can't see themselves? In that respect they may have no other solution than to stick the camera at a certain position and zoom and keep it on the nearest-to-camera player. If they start backtracking the camera will move away from the far player. It'll then be down to the players to shout at each other until one gives up what they're doing and joins the other ;)

Looks really good. Hopefully this will be better than fable which everyone said was awesome but I didn't really get in to it.

Back