Troy cassandra and logic...

First off an apology for the last thread, the omega os thread. I'd like to start by telling you guys what it is I'm up to. I'm trying to play a game with someone, and I believe that in order to advance our relationship as what I consider 'friends' if you'd like to call it that, I'm trying to somehow decode what all those messages I've been given mean. I'm obviously not supposed to tell somebody told me that, but I'm lazy and I want people to help me out here, it's an extremely complicated and hard to follow logic based puzzle, with no promise of any reward for doing it, logically it can't supposedly even be accomplished either.

Still despite the complexity of this task, I'm learning more and more and at least this time in this board I wasn't permabanned or anything. I'm getting better at asking for help in solving this. Obviously there supposedly ain't nothing in it for me or anyone that helps me out, but I believe there is something to be learned at the very least from solving at least a portion of it.

Here's the latter part to tell of my personal problem here.

Troy the city with the nigh unbreachable walls, something similar to an immovable object(something similar to my 'friend'), had Cassandra telling everyone the truth, but it was setup so that no one would listen to the truth no matter what it was or how it came, they'd just lock her up(similar to me trying to solve my friend's lovely puzzle). Odysseus, which can be viewed as aided by the force that moves everything, made the most obvious trick of all, and everyone was warned yet everything went according to plan at least in our version of the story. The city that could not fell, fell, the object that could not move was moved... at least in this particular scenario, in an alternate scenario the city never fell it would seem and the infallible intellect of Odysseus took him down another path, and somehow made him help everyone reach an amicable agreement.

Odysseus, similar to my friend has the Gods' blessings, aka he's really really smart and knows a lot of stuff. Which means that in any plausible scenario favored by the Gods or Odysseus himself, he always somehow makes it through... Ok, I follow that far, now suppose the Gods decide that sometimes they'll favor Cassandra too, obviously what happens when Cassandra and Odysseus meet and the gods favor both? But it just so happens that both Odysseus and Cassandra no longer want to be part of this relationship at all, it seems just too forced(indefinite blessings... but Odysseus and Cassandra know what fickle beings the Gods are, and indefinite blessings from them are pretty hard to distinguish from indefinite curses, at least when it comes to those greek Gods.).

PS

Descriptions of what I consider my supposed 'net pal', according to what I've decoded so far. Extraordinarily high IQ, pretty much literally off the charts, born a prodigy of unrivaled iq, believer of digital physics a fan of greek myths, and has mastered an immense unatural amount of logic and knowledge of this world. She's extremely older than I am, and she knows much more than I do about pretty much anything(judging from what I've learned), but somehow she's sexy at least on the inside. Remember given that this is a message, even the description could be some sort of complex logical riddle or ridiculous logical puzzle.

Ok so far, seems like a pretty big pointless mystery or puzzle to me. But that's the catch, I've to somehow solve this as a favor for her, or maybe that's not it. The thing is this, I'm a guy that's not willing to date her, she's a girl not willing to date me. We never give up and we never lose, not even in logical puzzle games, or in illogical implausible scenarios. Somehow we must reach some sort of agreement at least some times, some how.

Theoretically I do have a remote idea of what she's like for real, ridiculously smart and probably very very very very old because she knows too many things in way too many fields. But it seems that she won't cooperate at all in any thing we do, even over the net, unless I'm able to do some thing with this puzzle she's given me, I like puzzles too, btw... This seems like some sort of pandora's box, but in a logical form.

PPS

The short story, for those not so much into my personal problem or my elaborate ways around it. Is this, my friend seems to want an absolute moral ethical and logical justification for a logical scenario in which the greek Gods exist and coexists with mortals and for all their actions towards those mortals. In other words given her knowledge of agis and molecular biology, physics, logic, history, and all fields I've gone into so far surpasses mine as to scare me, she appears or so it would seem to have a logical defense to playing God for real with her ridiculously insane knowledge on science, experience, intellect.

I'm trying, for God knows what reason to prove her wrong somehow. I mean she can't be right, now can she? I'm trying to find some flaw in her logic. She's given me the clue that if I prove the greek Gods' possibility of existence or justification for existing at least abstractly or conceptually in some scenarios, she will buy that I'm right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Odysseus, similar to my friend has the Gods' blessings, aka he's really really smart and knows a lot of stuff. Which means that in any plausible scenario favored by the Gods or Odysseus himself, he always somehow makes it through... Ok, I follow that far, now suppose the Gods decide that sometimes they'll favor Cassandra too, obviously what happens when Cassandra and Odysseus meet and the gods favor both? But it just so happens that both Odysseus and Cassandra no longer want to be part of this relationship at all, it seems just too forced(indefinite blessings... but Odysseus and Cassandra know what fickle beings the Gods are, and indefinite blessings from them are pretty hard to distinguish from indefinite curses, at least when it comes to those greek Gods.).

The meeting of two opposing absolutes has been handled before in Greek mythology.
There was a hound that was blessed by the gods to be capable of catching anything. There was a corresponding animal (cat, deer, I forget) that was blessed that it could never be caught.

The two met in a chase.
The problem was resolved in that both animals were immediately turned to stone.
The reckoning of two absolutes is solved by the elimination of the problem.

The issue where Odysseus and Cassandra decide their blessings are not desireable is also fixed. They have no choice in the matter.

Cassandra most obviously did not. She walked to a brutal murder she foresaw, rather than live her life any longer.

The short story, for those not so much into my personal problem or my elaborate ways around it. Is this, my friend seems to want an absolute moral ethical and logical justification for a logical scenario in which the greek Gods exist and coexists with mortals and for all their actions towards those mortals.
That's an interesting question, and it also begs the question.
There is no overarching moral framework to the Greek Gods. The pantheon is envisioned as being as petty and contemptible as mortals, just more powerful.
Whether they exist or not is orthogonal to any ethical or moral justification.

PS

I seriously suggest you take stock of what you think this other person is thinking you are supposed to be thinking.

Whether this person is everything you say this person is or not, I still find it highly unlikely that any person would go through a thought process as convoluted as you've stated. It is much more likely that someone is magnifying things beyond what they are, and divining meaning where there is none to be divined.

Interesting, so this helps me understand another portion of the puzzle, thanks for the help. My friend I believe liked pirate of the caribbean dead man's chest, and I figured my dilemma was similar to the captain's. I'm screwed with something resembling a heart locked in a chest, but it's more like a carrot, that he will as likely help me as the captain's loved one will return to him.

Obviously my interpretation of that is that I'm too good hearted and will be played for a dupe time and again for trying to help so many people. The carrot or heart is the ideal future of course, which is my ideal dream or so I'm supposed to believe, and it's just a way for people to make me do what they want to help make the world a better place. If it wouldn't be for the fact that people for no good reason threaten to bring police totalitarian states, armaggedon, war at the most unexpected of times, again for no good reason, I too would do as I please without a worry in the world, and live happily in my little corner of the world. The problem is I don't want to give a damn, but I know that If I don't do something to help the greater good from time to time... sooner or later the world is screwed, it might be screwed anyway, and I'm going down with ship regardless of my position, but at least I try to keep my hope up and do something from time to time... I'm basically being forced here agaisnt my will to collaborate from time to time with the greater good, see my problem? Logic forces me to take this path, help the world at least at a local level or else I'm screwed.

My problem is sure, I'm good at somethings, but I can't be forced to help because I'm such a slave to logical thought. But I don't want to do that, I just want technological progress to keep on going while I'm having my nachos and enjoying the show, without WORRIES. The faster work is abolished and robots are brought into the equation, the faster I get to enjoy worldwide travel without a worry in the world. The faster nanotech is brought and I can have 12 ferraris a private planet of my own and lots of treats the faster I get to relax at peace... or so I'd hope, but I know that will not be the case, people just don't want to get along and will threaten existence with annihilation for no good reason, now I wouldn't mind so much about that but the problem is that includes my personal existence and my personal belongings and my friends existence you see.

If you don't want to give a damn about the rest of the world; just think about it differently.

When you're contributing to the society, think about it as investments in covering your own ass from some disaster down the line.

It's like feeding the poor and sheltering the homeless, if their number achieves critical mass and left uncared, they might riot and destroy everything.

One piece of technology may borne other pieces, etc.

The benefits of greater good may not directly benefit you, but you just never know.

If you don't want to give a damn about the rest of the world; just think about it differently.

When you're contributing to the society, think about it as investments in covering your own ass from some disaster down the line.

It's like feeding the poor and sheltering the homeless, if their number achieves critical mass and left uncared, they might riot and destroy everything.

One piece of technology may borne other pieces, etc.

The benefits of greater good may not directly benefit you, but you just never know.

Indeed, this is like investing, do it and it increases the probability of success.

Theoretically I do have a remote idea of what she's like for real, ridiculously smart and probably very very very very old because she knows too many things in way too many fields.

Or she's just so ugly that she never leaves the house and thus has lots of time for such stuff... :)

Or she's just so ugly that she never leaves the house and thus has lots of time for such stuff... :)

Could be... or one possibility is that she doesn't exist in the first place and is just an "alter ego" mr. Zidane is using in various ways to make him self look sane(r) in front of other people. :smile:

Very very nice, but in any case I've somehow received a partial solution. To this so called sacred science, or sacred power. In my eyes it's just BS way of getting a way with everything that I just don't know.

You see cannibals eat people and live happily, some incestual couples live happily, some murderous men live happily, some evil men live happily. Despite the culture, even the culture hating some, everyone lives kinda happy but some live extraordinarily happy despite everyone hating them, it seems you go to some place and you're raped and your family kills you for dishonoring them and the guys that raped you get a short reprimand(a few months or years in jail at most.), cultural thing. Other places and you're almost worshipped as a living God, cultural thing maybe...

I've figured that there are some people that have found, that there's a way where you can get away with anything that it is you do. Start frying cheese day and night, and throwing it out the window, something seemingly random... and somehow that causes some people, couples to only get good things to happen in return. After all there are some people who do evil day in and day out and all they get is good things in return, despite the chefs trying to poison them, the chefs end up dead, despite the gardeners trying to kill them they end up dead. My friend I believe knows how to perform this, well his actions speak louder than his words, and that is why I want to either have him help me or tell me his secret.

A partial solution and telling me to go read some books cause I'm not ready for it, is not an acceptable answer for one as I.

PS

The friend I'm talking about is according to most of the evidence I've heard dead, it's Isaac Newton. The solution is the not zero sum mathematical societal design, I've yet to fully figure it out, but from his works I'm piecing together the solution. That is something that could come in handy when dealing with controlling nanotech and artificial intelligence in a fair and balanced manner, so that we can get what we want without being screwed over by such.

Maybe your friend is able to get good things to happen to them, because they preoccupy those who would do harm with inane riddles that have no meaningful solution. You know, get them lost in a hall of mirrors, so to speak.

It's the one's who simply see through it as distraction, something like a Zen koan, that she values and appreciates.

Maybe your friend is able to get good things to happen to them, because they preoccupy those who would do harm with inane riddles that have no meaningful solution. You know, get them lost in a hall of mirrors, so to speak.

It's the one's who simply see through it as distraction, something like a Zen koan, that she values and appreciates.

Very very nice, but the gig is up and reality is out of the box, it was nice while this incomplete view lasted. The difference between possibly or maybe something exists and exists for real is only a matter of transformations away, or what you call phase transition or time.

That is what I've found after this quest. The forbidden love, any prohibited love, is a possibility thus it is only a matter of chance, random events, free will, whatever you call it before it happens again and again, like a beating heart it can't really be stopped without killing someone. :devilish:

Thus it is that I've finally found a way that people probably thought about for a long long time, and probably have already solved time and again, a process of rediscovering what was forgotten.

The most prohibited of all loves, if it is at all possible will eventually come to pass. ;)
The key to perfect reproduction of resources, to non-zero sum societal scenario lies in fulfilling this.

What love did I believe toughest of all, that between a mind and an idea. For an idea is but a pattern and a mind is but a bigger pattern, can a bigger pattern learn to love smaller patterns? Yes it can, but patterns can ridiculously easily spread, thus the ideas in one mind can spread to other minds as well... subconsciously influencing other minds, the hobbits of our time are ideas. They're the key to the most efficient state society has ever conceived, once we learn to love these inner patterns and organize them this will slowly spread through our words and works and others will begin to be shall we say... converted or infected? It is not a disease but a cure for the world, a doorway for a pattern to meet another pattern no matter the discrepancy, for an idea to meet another idea in the real world. That is the key to the ideal world, where perfect democracy and resource distribution takes place.

Back