Future Hardware

They will be on red and green PCBs respectively.

log shadow maps here we come!
Oh yeah, hadn't even thought of rasterizer interpolation... that would certainly be powerful if it was programmable. I'm not sure how efficient that could be made, but hey, this is a dreaming thread right? :)

You could do your own arbitrary rasterisation in the GS, couldn't you? Convert an input triangle into "single pixel" triangles - spacing them however you want, resulting in your log-space interpolated rasterisation.

Apart from being slow you'd also have the problem of limited amplification within GS, so I guess you'd have to multi-pass input triangles until each one is entirely GS-amplifiable.

Jawed

More streamlined caching system, flexible virtual memory addressing, some push on eDRAM development and implementation (stacked cells or sort of).

You could do your own arbitrary rasterisation in the GS, couldn't you? Convert an input triangle into "single pixel" triangles - spacing them however you want, resulting in your log-space interpolated rasterisation.

Apart from being slow you'd also have the problem of limited amplification within GS, so I guess you'd have to multi-pass input triangles until each one is entirely GS-amplifiable.

Jawed
I would not call it (super)slow, I'd call it impratical..or maybe even impossible. Can you have a single GS invocation generating milions of primitives?

GS is limited to outputting 1024 32-bit values per input primitive, so it's definitely not many output vertices :smile:

Jawed

64bit color (Billions of colors) vs. we have 32bit (16 millions), I know Linux has in their software 64bit, but I like to see in hardware.

Something like this "resolution" 2560x1600x64bit

Back