2 days to Vegas - new shots

homy

Banned
This game has been in hiding for awhile.
An exclusive interview with PSU uncovered that the game has been developed for more than 2 years and it looks quite good.

http://www.psu.com/node/8467

2days2vegas-11.jpg

Mmmmkay. So this is going to be a PC&PS3 title now from what I read and hear, no 360 version anymore.

New screens definetely look very very cool, although not that shiny and polished as before. I love the theme of the game, and the setting. Growing tired of mutants, aliens, monsters, dark horror environments etc. Devs and publishers all seem to think that by shocking the gamers and players with dark bloody creepy games, it will sell. But it's getting old.

F.E.A.R., Stalker, Bioshock, Doom3, Half Life 2, Crysis : it's all about monsters and mutants these days. They all sold well, or are going to sell well, but it could have been so much better without the horror (matter of taste). Well, at least I prefer the normal world like this game.

Wow, that looks pretty cool.

I know the dev said they are all in-game, but the reflections on the van and especially the truck, look too good to be true, or are my expectations too low for this gen ?

Mmmmkay. So this is going to be a PC&PS3 title now from what I read and hear, no 360 version anymore.
really? i thought this was a 360&PC only title, because on game sites like gamespot, they only list 360 and PC pages, no PS3.

hope it is coming to the PS3.

I love that still. It's an in-game shot, right? Just look at the sunlight with high quality shadows cast on everything, and the skylight with ambient occlusion (probably dynamic) everywhere too! Also the AA is insane!

the posted pic here is a very old 'render target' (tm)
I see. :)

really? i thought this was a 360&PC only title, because on game sites like gamespot, they only list 360 and PC pages, no PS3.

As the developers are happy about the space available on the Blu-ray disk it sounds likely.
With so much attention to detail, we asked what they thought of Blu-Ray as a distribution media. He responded, “Blu-Ray solves a lot of our problems [with fitting everything on disk].” The assets, he explained don’t come cheaply.

Game probably isn't running well yet, as all these 'shots' look pre-rendered. Global illumination, AA and filtering, rendering precision, shading etc. all scream that to me.

They're kinda boring in style as well...

Now, this is what next-gen games should look like!

I hope this is what GTA4 looks like.

With the power of the PS3 it should be possible.

Blu-Ray

With so much attention to detail, we asked what they thought of Blu-Ray as a distribution media. He responded, “Blu-Ray solves a lot of our problems [with fitting everything on disk].” The assets, he explained don’t come cheaply.

:cool:

2-days-2-vegas-1screen2.jpg

There's been a lot of confusion on the platforms this game is going to be released on. Even Steel Monkees website only mentions PC right now.

I just learned recently from their interview @ PSU.com, and the forums of ps3forums.com (where the interviewers comment on this subject after talking to the devs), that it's only coming to PC & PS3 for now. They revealed it would be a console-exclusive, and since a PS3 version is a certainty (talking about Blu ray and stuff), a 360-version seems very unlikely. Maybe it will be a timed exclusive, coming later to 360, but as far as I know this is a PS3 & PC title for now.

Back