The Official RV630/RV610 Rumours & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I get is: "Forbidden You don't have permission to access /short/images/pch-RV630XT.jpg on this server."

Just hit F5/refresh. Some sites don't like you jumping from another site directly to their images. A browser refresh satisfies them.

HD2400 and HD2600 will be launched during Computex in the first week of June. Availability will probably be in the 2nd or 3rd week of June.

eww, xtx and midrange? What the hell is going on at AMD, they are really looking for a world of hurt, they are actually going out of their way for it too :cry:

ATi HD 2600XT will come in fanless design

Even if they manage a fanless design on the Pro versions, then I'd say that is a one nice incentive which could not have been possible on 80nm.

sorry ?

vga_productimage_gv-nx86s256h_big.jpg

Gigabyte 8600GTS Silent Pipe II

MSI has done the same on 8600GTS

EDIT: I'm very late here, my bad :oops:

I'm not really impressed with what both IHV's have brought to the table in the mid range department TBH.

RV630 has less than half the shaders of R600(why not 160?), half the texture power(which is not bad), 1/4 the memory interface, 1/4 the RBE's?

Both IHV's went soft. Oh well, it would be intresting to see what the HD2900pro brings. It's the x1950pro replacement. 65nm, 256bit.

Both IHV's went soft. Oh well, it would be intresting to see what the HD2900pro brings. It's the x1950pro replacement. 65nm, 256bit.

Well, I'll use NV numbers because those are official, and RV630 would be speculative.

NV43 -- 150mm^2
G73 -- 127mm^2
G84 -- 169mm^2

Now, add to that two other facts:

1). Midrange margins are much smaller than high-end margins to begin with.
2). Midrange market price points have MUCH less flexibility. At the high end, you have some room to maneuver on price depending on performance. In the midrange, much less so --as ATI found out when they essentially tried to create a higher midrange pricepoint with X800XL and its successors. Some success, but not nearly the volume, I think they would agree, as being able to hit the $159-$249 "sweet spot".

So who "went soft"? Maybe it's time to look at the requirements of DX10 (and possibly even Vista Premium labelling, which isn't quite the same thing) for why it doesn't scale quite as comfortably as previous architectures for previous APIs. Tho obviously when we have real RV630 numbers to deal with, that should shed some more light on who "went soft" or not.

The crappy thing for me is, I won't have access to the damn internet for 2 months once I leave for work tomorrow! :cry: Been praying to see some dang numbers for a couple months now. And now with only a week to go, i'm out of the loop! ARRRRRGGGG!! Oh well, hoping something will be out when I get back. :cry:

The crappy thing for me is, I won't have access to the damn internet for 2 months once I leave for work tomorrow! :cry: Been praying to see some dang numbers for a couple months now. And now with only a week to go, i'm out of the loop! ARRRRRGGGG!! Oh well, hoping something will be out when I get back. :cry:

During last summer the same thing happened to me when i left for vacation, but don't worry u'll catch up once u come back.

First sight of Mobility HD2600 preview...
Laptopmag on HP Pavilion HDX Entertainment Notebook PC preview

LaptopMag said:
HP Pavilion HDX Entertainment Notebook PC
Featuring a dual-hinged 20-inch widescreen display, Intel's next-generation Centrino technology, and all the multimedia bells and whistles you can dream up, the HP HDX is one smokin' desktop replacement.

Graphic is Mobility HD2600 with 256MB...

They also give the score on graphic system testing as
LaptopMag said:
We expected to see high scores from the HDX, and we weren't disappointed. This preproduction model wouldn't run PCMark05, but its 3DMark03 score of 12,240 and 3DMark06 score of 4,002 mean this system can plow through graphics-intensive applications. Strangely, the HDX notched 31 fps on our F.E.A.R gaming test on autodetect, and 26 fps with the settings maxed out. (We suspect this subpar showing might be a driver issue related to Windows Vista.)

So, I guess there may be no delay on RV610/630 but the early production chips might go to the laptop manufacturer rather than come as a consumer video card...

Interesting scores there. A shame they didn't actually test any games on it (besides Fear).

But it looks somehow promising.

As we all know, Nvidia managed to pack only 32 scalar shaders in its own chip, which measures 169mm2. Thanks to 65nm process, AMD managed to get RV630 in smaller size than a G84 chip, but offers vastly higher number of scalar shaders - 120 compared to 32.
Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back