OMEGA OS probably open source... though it can be sold if I'm given a CTO position...

Status
Not open for further replies.
and an attractive enough $$$ offer.

OK, here's the deal it's gonna take me a few years to actually code this, as I'm working almost by myself. But suffice it to say I've already a rough draft, function names, algos, meta-algos, I know pretty much the whole thing, only details are missings. And the devil is in the details as they say, but the core ideas involved are so obviously intuitive that it'd be obvious to any programmer I told this in plain english. My code looks like alien code, it's prototypes are rube golberg machenish on purpose, and my comments are abstract metaphors only I understand, so good luck learning anything from it(in case anyone decides it'd be a good idea to steal some of my code).

But I can tell you what it's full capabilities are in advanced. It can run any piece of software designed for any os, modern or future ones included, through advanced pattern recognition algos I've developed that can run code in realtime without any lag after a few moments to adjust itself to it. Code even buggy crash prone code is corrected of flaws, and yes it does sound too good to be through. Highly scalable ultra modular object oriented phylosophy, self-correcting improving nigh crash-proof seemingly alive code. Of course actions do speak louder than words, and I don't expect to be given anything till I've got at least a half-decent version of it running to show to prospective buyers.

Now the question is, is this illegal in anyway? I mean running mac code, linux code, windows code, x code, basically intelligently running such code better and faster than it would on said os systems now wouldn't that be something ;) . But is it illegal to do so? I don't really want to get into a legal mess now, nor do I want to end up dead somewhere so, I'm willing to come to terms with the powers that be($$$), before I do anything stupid. It's no use to come up with revolutionary code and live through my works If I'm seven feet underground, I want to live to enjoy it.

I can estimate the time it will take me to finish coding this if you'd like and give you an approx date. My coding's quite a bit rusty at the moment(all that polymath reading, and anime, and manga, and etc, etc, etc...), there have been factors keeping me a bit out of practice or so we could say... but as a result I can extract new algos from any activity whatsoever I get into.

NOTE TO MODS: THE QUESTION CAN BE VIEWED AS HYPOTHETICAL STARTING POINT, AS A MEANS TO START AN INTELLIGENT DISCUSSION. This is not meant to be political or religious in any way ;)

As a person who's implemented an OS kernel from scratch, I find this to be hilarious.

TA1.jpg

As a person who's implemented an OS kernel from scratch, I find this to be hilarious.

Well, there's a reason why it's very difficult even for me to follow the code, it ain't a piece of cake nor is it pie. The principles are ridiculously simple making this probably the biggest copy paste solution schematic in the history of the world, suffice it to say, it's good enough that teams of 1000s of Phd genius lvl programers won't be able to easily outclass it. Thus my dream of finally being able to compete head on with teams of 1000s or 10000s of thousands will finally be realized. Now the question is, how do I make it so that I'm not replaced by my very code, code that can make anyone replaceable.

Honestly if I can just be killed and it taken away, or worse it can kill me and take over, it's just pretty unacceptable. Don't you think?

Worse yet, the rustiness of my coding skills, again I've been going into multiple fields at once, so my coding skills are seriously rusty(thank god the core elements of this are small and simple enough, I can ensure it's bug free without much trouble.)

Now if anyone can offer a solution as to how do you survive or introduce such 'supposedly impossible' code, without being killed, even by the outcome of releasing such code.(aka, military using it ala skynet... private corporations abusing it, open source guys lazying out, after all it's the end of the days were manual coding is absolutely necessary, automated coding will have finally arrived.).

Personally it will take me several years to complete this, by getting several necessary skills up to date, but any half-decent programmer could probably get it working right now with just a small conversation we'd have(of course I'm not sure what I'd get out of giving this away? A slow and painful death a few years later?).

You see this solution can save countless lives but it also risks all lives, so It's a bit of a predicament.

PS

The preceding was entirely hypothetical, but if anyone knows or has any suggestions about how to deal with said hypothetical solution and how to properly introduce it to the world, I'd welcome it. I personally don't want to get famous or anything like that, not even as an internet comedian, but I'd like to release this asap without throwing everything into chaos.

PPS

The motivation behind this code, is that as a programer, I realized I was too lazy to even code big and complex software( also I wanted the computer to say something smart for a change, after all I'm gonna be giving it a sexy nanotech based super android body, can't have it blurting out repeating simple stuff all the time.). If I could only automate it, I'd finally have a free lunch as they said, and I'd finally have something to teach those show-off uber skilled math teachers at college, heck worldwide, a replacement they couldn't beat even as a worldwide community, finally they'd be turned into being quite humble all of a sudden.

I don't even understand the point of this thread. :cool:

Peace.

The point is very simple, how do you bring highly disruptive technology into the market place without getting killed by competitors or as an unintended eventual outcome of bringing your technology to the marketplace. Now either I learn how to do that somehow or I can never ever bring disruptive technology into the market place.

It's simple logic really, if I know something's gonna get me killed, tortured, nothing or worse, I simply can't do it by following logic and reason, even if my inaction results in natural deaths continuing to take place. Even if history views me as a criminal for knowing how to save so many lives and doing nothing about it.

It's is entirely hypothetical of course, and I should add I'm a fan of poker, if that gives you any hints.

Suppose instead I come up with a gpu tech that will send both ati and nvidia to bankrupcy, they simply can't compete(hypothetical, I know not how to do that in particular). Now, what's to stop them from simply killing me, stealing it from me, or worse this resulting in some bizarre unlikely unintended world-end scenario. I'm screwed if I do and screwed if I don't, there has to be a valid answer, some way to logically come to a rational conclusion in this latest logical puzzle.

If I figure it out, you know how much that solution's worth? How to bring disruptive monopoly destroying tech without killing yourself or being beaten by competitors? A book on this, heck this solution alone is worth billions of dollars. It's basically the most basic starting guidelines to bringing about impossible to beat corporations into the world. Once you know how to do this you instantly have an unstoppable monopoly not just in one marketplace but all possible marketplaces.

Well before I read your second post I was going to suggest the OS needs have a MMORPG api...

but maybe not...

Personally I utterly hate the term 'disruptive technology'.

You could look at the existing examples. The largest group of work-for-free software developers in the world have difficulty even getting a sniff of the home OS market (linux).
The largest software company in the world has several year delays on it's current OS (microsoft)
And the most secretive mega corporation - that also happens to make OSs - dabbles in ~3% marketshare range.

Or is this not about operating systems?

I think with big business you are either there from the start - passive or aggressive, or you push your way in by buying those already there.
I can't really think of any example where a company successfully pushed its way into a mature market - at least without hemorrhaging gobs and gobs of money.. *cough*xbox*cough*

Am I even vaguely on the right track here?

Well before I read your second post I was going to suggest the OS needs have a MMORPG api...

but maybe not...

Personally I utterly hate the term 'disruptive technology'.

You could look at the existing examples. The largest group of work-for-free software developers in the world have difficulty even getting a sniff of the home OS market (linux).
The largest software company in the world has several year delays on it's current OS (microsoft)
And the most secretive mega corporation - that also happens to make OSs - dabbles in ~3% marketshare range.

Or is this not about operating systems?

I think with big business you are either there from the start - passive or aggressive, or you push your way in by buying those already there.
I can't really think of any example where a company successfully pushed its way into a mature market - at least without hemorrhaging gobs and gobs of money.. *cough*xbox*cough*

Am I even vaguely on the right track here?

A free os that can run code as well as any other possible os and was 100% free and virtually uncrashable would be a bit disruptive don't you think?

it's just a hypothetical scenario.

Your point is as useful as stating "War is bad." or "A cure for cancer would be a good thing.".

Well, I actually believe it's possible at least in theory. Even I can't tell exactly how long it will take me to finish it, I'm also constrained by the primitive hardware available. But considering I work 24-7 on this and I've been getting faster and more efficient, I'd say about ten years should do... assuming nothing distracts me from my work.

But again there's no point in finishing this if at the end of the road things'll only get super ugly. It's my life's work, living code with a mind of its own.

BTW I should add I truly hate working in teams, I prefer to go solo aided by agis.

Kernels are simple and easy. You need a lot of tools and standard interfaces to make it useable, though.

The GUI is a lot more work. And the trick is in getting other people to use it. That is the very hard part.

This is the worst thread ever. However, I do think you should call Dr. Derek Smart, PhD. He might have a lot to offer on this project!

Tim Murray: what kernel did you implement? something publically known or was it some embedded stuff? Just curious.

Im already trying to fight my laziness and start dipping into AROS, but no sucess thus far.

@zidane: .... will your OS be capable of decoding MP3s losslessly ? Should be easy compared to automatically correcting code. Id definitely buy a share or two of your company, if only to see my half-done and broken projects finally running itself.

Kernels are simple and easy. You need a lot of tools and standard interfaces to make it useable, though.

The GUI is a lot more work. And the trick is in getting other people to use it. That is the very hard part.
Actually it's 3d interface that I'm working on, of course given it's supposed to be intelligent it can take spoken english, intelligently interpret it, and reconfigure on the fly.
@zidane: .... will your OS be capable of decoding MP3s losslessly ? Should be easy compared to automatically correcting code. Id definitely buy a share or two of your company, if only to see my half-done and broken projects finally running itself.

It is designed for the sole purpose of content generation, and it should be able to compose music, write books, generate animated cg gphx, write more code, etc. so I'm not entirely sure on its limitations, one of the reasons why I'm not so sure it's a good idea to implement this code.

zidane1strife, you sound like a bipolar person in the manic stage. In other words, you're crazy.

They say the same thing about anyone bringing anything truly innovative to the table. Again the pentagon's financed worse projects*(not that I'm receiving any funds from them.), and there budget's still there.

By the way, I've been on a journey of spiritual enlightenment, so all this faith in my work could be a side-effect from that.

Ah, yes, he's solved what tens of thousands of people spent large portions of their lives working on. Strong AI as the basis for an operating system! He's even got function names, folks!

This thread is making me more and more sad :( On the other hand, you probably should seek psychiatric help. Serious delusions of grandeur and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back