New Heavenly Sword Info (screens included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
12 hours is just right IMO. But from those posts, (I can't see the actual reviews, I'm at work) it sounds it's not going to be a long game. Maybe less than 10 hours?
I hope not.

if multiple reviews felt the need to say its short, i seriously doubt you're remembering accurately or read that from someone who knew what they're talking about. I'd expect ~6-8 hours for a comment like that to appear, i dont think these people who play games for a living just flung it in for fun.

Other things of interest:
- almost no framerate drops/ occasional tearing
- superb acting and great story
- compelling characters
- for the hardcore: Hell difficulty
- very good enemy A.I.
- the reviewer finished the game in under 10 hours (I'd say that would make for a 12-15 hour experience for casuals)

from the PSX extreme review, so i did recalled correctly but a bit conservative. :LOL:

I'm really looking forward to this game! I have a feeling this is going to be a game that I'll finish, if only because unlike GoW, this is a game that my GF loves to watch while I play. ;)

But in the meantime, I must also congratulate the team with having wonderful teasers in those episodes that are now being weekly released. I love the art-style (my wife even more so), and it's well done. It's got that Gorillaz video vibe too it. Kudos!

I'm really looking forward to this game! I have a feeling this is going to be a game that I'll finish, if only because unlike GoW, this is a game that my GF loves to watch while I play. ;)

But in the meantime, I must also congratulate the team with having wonderful teasers in those episodes that are now being weekly released. I love the art-style (my wife even more so), and it's well done. It's got that Gorillaz video vibe too it. Kudos!

so you have a girlfriend and a wife? nice! :LOL:

or you could bold like this
And say you were a bit generous. ;)
I've known games completed in 8 hours by reviewers that have taken mne 20 to do. Often, so I've heard, they use cheats to enable them to rush through and report on the story, game progression, etc. Without such cheats it'd take prohibitively long to cover a full review from beginning to end.

Also how does this figure compare with other games? 10 hours is on the short side for my liking, but I thought shorter games was more standard these days? I don't think GeOW took us that long to complete, but I'm not playing much these days to sample different games (on Okami on PS2. Will follow that with Rogue Galaxy.)

Have finally been able to play Heavenly Sword for the first time this weekend and must say that it is absolutely stunning! Easily one of (if not) the most impressive game outthere. Pretty amazing when that cut-scene stops and you're standing in front of a brilliant landscape, waterfalls and all the small details and realize that it's already in fact in-game! :oops:

Very, very nice. :D

Most of us will probably stay at one place and look at the enviroments for a long time(read. try to figure out how to see Nariko naked)

so you have a girlfriend and a wife? nice! :LOL:

Heh, yeah, the technical term is actually fiancee, but I hate that word, so I use either wife or girlfriend. I could say partner, but I'm sure people would assume I'm gay immediately. ;)

Yeah, this is one game that will be driven by my eagerness to just see the next environment, let alone play it. That has been a strong driver for wanting to get to the next 'level' for me for a long time.

Most of us will probably stay at one place and look at the enviroments for a long time(read. try to figure out how to see Nariko naked)

One surefire way to increase play time is to add a rotatable camera that promises, but never quite delivers on, that upskirt shot...

Third part of HS Animated feature is up on youtube. Dont know if HQ version is avaiable anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMaBUsICJOY
ANIMATION SERIES, EPISODE THREE: THE RISE OF EVIL
Two young men, Shen and Bohan, are destined to lead. Together they study the arts of war, but only one will learn the value of honor and duty. For the other, no earthly crown will ever be enough.

Probably 12 hours total, which makes it as long as God of War, which is plenty long IMO. I can't stand when good story driven games drag on, my time is limited :)

12 hours is plenty, especially for the genre. I read the criticism on the game length as, "this game is awesome, it's a shame it had to end".

Anyway, I've played the demo around a dozen times and it's a day one purchase for me. Everything is perfect, the controls, music, graphics, animations, etc. I would be surprised if it averages below 9.2 on gamerankings.

Thanks Ninja Theory!

//okay, I'm done sucking up

12 hours is plenty, especially for the genre. I read the criticism on the game length as, "this game is awesome, it's a shame it had to end"

12 hours is fine. GeOW lasted around 10 hours for me and left me with the positive feeling of "I want more". On the other hand GOW II felt prety short.
These things are very subjective... Me, I'd rather have a 10-12 hour game that keeps me interested through its course, than game that lasts 20 hours and feels like it’s taking forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back