New Heavenly Sword Info (screens included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know you could press X to follow them in to the air. I've been attempting to jerk the controller up to do that with limited success (and been looking like an idiot doing it too). I don't get if you have to jerk "up" "forward" or a mixture of both, how fast, etc. I'm just not getting it and rather disable.

Same problem here although I'm having trouble just getting the enemies into the air in the first place. I usually get attacked just as I'm about to try and do an air move.
Same problem with trying to pick stuff up and throw it. It just seems there are too many enemies at once not letting up,to find the right moment to try some of the more advanced stuff.
When exactly does an enemy become vulnerable to an aerial move,when he is down or stunned or both? And how close to you have to be to him?

Same problem here although I'm having trouble just getting the enemies into the air in the first place. I usually get attacked just as I'm about to try and do an air move.
Same problem with trying to pick stuff up and throw it. It just seems there are too many enemies at once not letting up,to find the right moment to try some of the more advanced stuff.
When exactly does an enemy become vulnerable to an aerial move,when he is down or stunned or both? And how close to you have to be to him?

Don't go running at him trying to do an aerial combo. Here are two ways to do it. Square Square, L1 triangle = wip up sixaxis. Or Square Square, R1 Triangle Trinagle - someone should now be on the floor - so run to them and do the aerial.

Old news?

Heavenly Sword will be shipping to North America on September 4th. It will be shipping as well in Europe on September 14th and in Australia on September 20th. Japan's final release date for Heavenly Sword is still to be confirmed.

I have to say that Heavenly sword has the best combat system and production values i have seen in a game..ever .

its in depth yet easy to pick up and incredibly satisfying , it just feels...right.

also not sure if this has been posted

Right Click and Save - King Botan's court cutscene - http://media.gameinformer.com/downloads/downloads2014/movies/2007/hsword/heaven6.wmv

The script, dialoge and facial animations are just...beyond amazing..simply the best ever

congrats Ninja Theory :smile:

Don't go running at him trying to do an aerial combo. Here are two ways to do it. Square Square, L1 triangle = wip up sixaxis. Or Square Square, R1 Triangle Trinagle - someone should now be on the floor - so run to them and do the aerial.

I just turned the motion sensing controls off for Combat,now I'm doing it.
So far the implementation of motion controls in PS3 games has been disappointing.
I really never expected much anyway,but they've so far ranged from just ok to bad.
I thought the sensors in the Wii and PS3 were the same,even hearing once the PS3 Six-axis was supposed to be more precise. So far though the Wii games feel very natural and intuitive compared to the PS3.

I just turned the motion sensing controls off for Combat,now I'm doing it.
So far the implementation of motion controls in PS3 games has been disappointing.
I really never expected much anyway,but they've so far ranged from just ok to bad.
I thought the sensors in the Wii and PS3 were the same,even hearing once the PS3 Six-axis was supposed to be more precise. So far though the Wii games feel very natural and intuitive compared to the PS3.

You really have to get the hang of it. I got rid of the motion for the demo too...and then thought "No!" I'm going to do it damn it....so far, I'm having quite a lot of success. Let me tell you....I LOVE the motion control on Flow...I just switch off my brain and you feel like you ARE the creature. *Warning* don't get stoned while playing. :)

Just got through the HS demo without losing any health...counters are great, and aerial combos are great too. I'm enjoying it much more than the first few times I played...this is where the walk through at the beginning of the game will help out, so people can get comfortable with the preferred style of play.

Deep.

If we fought fewer enemies at a time or the game emphasised individual attacks rather than chained combos then it would have been a more approachable experience for most of us.

Counter and get the numbers down and then run in! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked out all the various language options they have.

I have to say the French was the most impressive non-English voice work. Next would be Dutch. Spanish would have to be the poorest. And Italian was surprisingly meh.

Not that I speak those languages. I'm speaking more on behalf of the timing, tone and general emotion conveyed. Nariko and especially Kai sounded very good in French. Good enough so that on a second or third play through I would probably select that language.

Now I find it extremely funny you think Spanish is the poorest - as it has been pointed out that the Spannish dubbers are the same actors who dub the voices of Al Pacino, Robert de niro, Keira Knightley, Scarlett Johansson, Michael Douglas, Natalie Portman, Kirsten Dunst, Cristina Ricci, Sigourney Weaver, Diane Keaton... in all their Hollywood films :/ Poor Spain then!

Deep

Now I find it extremely funny you think Spanish is the poorest - as it has been pointed out that the Spannish dubbers are the same actors who dub the voices of Al Pacino, Robert de niro, Keira Knightley, Scarlett Johansson, Michael Douglas, Natalie Portman, Kirsten Dunst, Cristina Ricci, Sigourney Weaver, Diane Keaton... in all their Hollywood films :/ Poor Spain then!

Deep

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: You hit the nail on the head. Dubs in Spanish as a rule tend to suck (I personally hate them, but then again I hate all dubs pretty much equally), but the ones from Spain are especially vile and are usually reserved for that area i.e. they don't make it to South America.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: You hit the nail on the head. Dubs in Spanish as a rule tend to suck (I personally hate them, but then again I hate all dubs pretty much equally), but the ones from Spain are especially vile and are usually reserved for that area i.e. they don't make it to South America.

I take it you're not a Spaniard then. Films dubbed in South American Spanish are also thought to be appalling in Spain. For me, the whole Halo 2 experience was ruined because it was dubbed in South America. I'd much rather listen to the English voices. In the end, it's just a matter of being used to one or the other. For me, the ideal thing would always be to have subtitles, but if that's not possible, I would rather listen to a film dubbed using the variety of Spanish I use; I guess the same goes for the South American audience.

Having said that, dubbing in Spain is of a consistently high quality when it comes to films and TV shows. Videogames are a whole different story, with some voice work ending up being great and other times being just awful. The thing is, people working in films hardly ever work dubbing games, leaving the work to lesser actors.

Cheers - Chisholm

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it you're not a Spaniard then. Films dubbed in South American Spanish are also thought to be appalling in Spain. For me, the whole Halo 2 experience was ruined because it was dubbed in South America. I'd much rather listen to the English voices. In the end, it's just a matter of being used to one or the other. For me, the ideal thing would always be to have subtitles, but if that's not possible, I would rather listen to a film dubbed using the variety of Spanish I use; I guess the same goes for the South American audience.

Having said that, dubbing in Spain is of a consistently high quality when it comes to films and TV shows. Videogames are a whole different story, with some voice work ending up being great and other times being just awful. The thing is, people working in films hardly ever work dubbing games, leaving the work to lesser actors.

Cheers - Chisholm

Yet I just pointed out that dubbers in Heavenly Sword are the same actors who dub the voices of Al Pacino, Robert de niro, Keira Knightley, Scarlett Johansson, Michael Douglas, Natalie Portman, Kirsten Dunst, Cristina Ricci, Sigourney Weaver, Diane Keaton... in all their Hollywood films - Sooo...surely that wipes out your theory?

Yet I just pointed out that dubbers in Heavenly Sword are the same actors who dub the voices of Al Pacino, Robert de niro, Keira Knightley, Scarlett Johansson, Michael Douglas, Natalie Portman, Kirsten Dunst, Cristina Ricci, Sigourney Weaver, Diane Keaton... in all their Hollywood films - Sooo...surely that wipes out your theory?

I've said these people HARDLY EVER work in the videogame industry. I know this is an exception and it is a welcome one.

Cheer - Chisholm

I have the impression that despite what Kotaku is suggesting in that video, HS wasnt meant for XBOX. Atleast from the 2004 footage and after.

Perhaps DeanoC can clarify on this but I think I remember reading in their site that HS was meant as a next generation game from the beginning. They started development of the game in 2003 if I recall because they believed that in order to have something ready for the next generation (AI, animation, physics etc) they had to start early.

Also the 2004 footage which kotaku claims was an XBOX exclusive , it wasnt even running on an XBOX. It was running on a very very high end computer to demonstrate it on expected next generation hardware. No way XBOX could do such graphics.

I still dont think this game is getting the recognition it desserves imo

the game plays like magic and it looks better than just anout everything out there..albet a few frame issues but it certainly isnt effecting gameplay.

yet this game for some unknown reason is getting alot of flak across the net for some stupid minor things that would certainly be adressed in the final version

i think beyond3d is the only place with level headed and unbiased people on a gaming forum

First of all GREAT DEMO!!
It looks fantastic and plays even better.

I actually introduced this demo to a bunch of people at work here today, and they all seemed really impressed. One of the guys I worked with said, "OK, I'm going to have to get a PS3 now!"

I'm not sure if this has been discussed here, but I was wondering if this demo is in fact the TGS demo from last year that didn't make it because of a fatal bug? I remember DeanoC(?) talking about slaving away on a demo only to have it cancelled the day before the show, but specifically stating that it would get used at some time.

Anyway, just curious.

Again awesome demo! I can't wait for the official release :D

I have the impression that despite what Kotaku is suggesting in that video, HS wasnt meant for XBOX. Atleast from the 2004 footage and after.
It wasn't meant for any platform. When conceived, it was a next-gen game. Development was on PC as the only next-gen rig of the time. They courted publishers, and from that platform(s) were decided upon. But there was no original target platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back