New Heavenly Sword Info (screens included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game's visual style is phenomenal. You can tell they've poured their heart and soul into making this game look good.

I just hope they can fix the framerate and screen-tearing problems in particular before it's released. Would be a waste otherwise.

Is there any truth to this?

Heavenly Sword to get online multiplayerJ uly 18th, 2007
Heavenly Sword will be getting online multiplayer in November 2007. It will be a downloadable add-on via the PlayStation Store. It will be free of charge. There will be several modes available in online play. You will create your own custom warrior to fight online, with a varitey of customization options. You can also download accessories and many other items for your warrior on the PlayStation Store. Currently the modes available are:

• Deathmatch (Maximum of 8 players per game)
  • PVP (1 vs. 1)
  • Capture the Flag (16 players)
  • Control (Capture all the Zones on the map to win, 16 players)
  • 2 modes that have yet to be revealed
The download will also bring splitscreen offline and splitscreen online (similar to Warhawk) to the game. Online seems to be a must this generation and Ninja Theory will be bringing it to Heavenly Sword. Hopefully it isn’t just tacked on, I wouldn’t mind them even delaying the game to make sure that online is available on the day of release.

http://gaminginsider.wordpress.com/2007/07/18/heavenly-sword-to-get-online-multiplayer/

I wouldn’t mind them even delaying the game to make sure that online is available on the day of release.

Erm...I would. I think adding online would be a good idea to add replayability to the title. I was already planning on buying it new and then sell it as soon as I was done with it, this rumor might make me reconsider. Something which is of course good for NT as they don't get any money from used sales.

Hope it's true. Interesting what kind of online they would do in this genre since it's not just an arena fighter.

They were talking about online modes and features, somehow I doubt they'll come out before the game does ;)

On the other hand a dev mentioned somewhere (just take my word for it, I can't be bothered to look for the link right now) that the demo is already finished, all that's left is for Sony to decide the appropiate time to launch it. I honestly see Sony releasing a Lair demo first though and not releasing them so close to each other, so we may have to wait a while for it yet.

Ninja Theory are probably the only devs that listen to the gamers on boards so frequently :D

Almost anything requested by gamers in beyond3d or other boards finally made it to the game including online play which DeanoC originally commented if I remember right they didnt plan online for it. Now its there

Thank god. There are too many games that suffer because of this supposed online gaming boom.

I am personally pleased as a pig in shit that online gaming is going to an afterthought rather than the "easy out" it has become for many games.

Blog update by Mat Hart covering the soon to be released demo. He goes over the basic controls in regards to the stances, countering, and Superstyle moves.

One final sneaky tip: don’t kill the axeman during the opening hero sequence (i.e. miss the final SQUARE press) as you slide down the ropes. This’ll give you a chance to see what it’s like fighting a tougher character!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back