New Heavenly Sword Info (screens included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you catch that other screenshot?

heavenly-sword-20070709075710908.jpg

Bah! Look at the overdone HDR on his forehead and overbleaching the background! That's not how real lighting would be.

(BTW: Is that his "I'm too sexy" pose? ;) )

Did you catch that other screenshot?

heavenly-sword-20070709075710908.jpg

Bah! Look at the overdone HDR on his forehead and overbleaching the background! That's not how real lighting would be.

(BTW: Is that his "I'm too sexy" pose? ;) )

I have to agree and look at his chin and jaw, to blocky and his eyebrows must be normal mapped and his hair not even real only sprites tssk .... last-gen! :LOL: //joke

Bah! Who needs her now that I have Tameem's glowing features to keep me warm at night? ;)

(Don't tell her that her accent could win me over in a heartbeat, though... I don't want to appear fickle!)

Then you might be interested in the hidden interview with him that's on the PSN. It also shows new areas of the game I hadn't seen at least. Might be worth a look.

It's on games, downloadable games, PSOne Classics at the end. Make sure you go through games and not Featured or you won't see it. There are 6 other hidden videos up there. I could tell you where they are, but then I'd have to kill you.

This game really does continue to impress me -- you guys have some really wicked artists (I absolutely love the art style and drawn art I've seen from the game).

Story looks great. Music sounds fantastic (from the bits I've heard). Graphics look fantastic (technically and artistically). Gameplay depth looks crazy. I'm not sure what more a game needs.

It's gotten to the point where I don't bother looking at much of the HS stuff anymore because I already know I'm going to buy it the day it comes out and I don't want to torture myself anymore.

Then you might be interested in the hidden interview with him that's on the PSN. It also shows new areas of the game I hadn't seen at least. Might be worth a look.

It's on games, downloadable games, PSOne Classics at the end. Make sure you go through games and not Featured or you won't see it. There are 6 other hidden videos up there. I could tell you where they are, but then I'd have to kill you.

Can you please just say where the hidden videos are ?

I'm sure it will be repeating ad naseum over the next week but G4TV has an "Inside E3" program, and I caught a bit where a producer who's name escapes me, demos Heavenly Sword. It looks - as it should - like a next-gen God of War. He played in familiar territory and showcased stance-switching and draw distance. I believe he commenced with the sliding down the rope area, where action buttons were required to jump from rope to rope or over rope loops. He mentioned that the famous arena from the original demo could be seen in the distance, and is apparently reachable in realtime as opposed to level skipping. The game looks pretty and looks to be extremely (e x t r e m e l y) expensive.

You're looking good Nariko.

You're looking good Nariko.

No kidding! I just watched a bit of what seems like close to the opening of the game on gametrailers in Hi Def, and you have what looks like a real-time cutscene of Nariko, a scene in which we also see her Sister. I looked at the low-def trailer first, and then the hi-def, and the difference just reveals a stunning amount of visual quality in her face.

nAo, has your marketing department already started printing posters? I want one of Nariko, just her face as it is in the beginning right there. Just tell me how much. ;)

Seriously, beautiful.

Can you please just say where the hidden videos are ?

Ok, they're just small interviews that were apparently featured in the conference. I was a little weary of posting it here since it's OT, but since you ask so nicely ;)

For a Singstar interview go to Videos, then Bluray and in the Bruce Springstein set you'll find it.

LBP, go to Games, Downloadable Games, Super Rub a Duck.

Floklore, View All, H-L, then Lucky you trailer.

Uncharted, View All, M-Q, Nancy Drew trailer.

Ratchet & Clank, Featured, Ridge Racer Add on. RR7 UFRA Special Event.

NBA 08, Featured, GoPuzzle.

And Heavenly Sword like I said earlier.

Make sure you go through the path I listed. For example it won't work if you go to the RR addon through the games, downloadable games path.

Gamespot live stage demo had a fantastic showing of Heavenly Sword yesterday. Tameem anwered a lot of questions and they showed bunch of new levels with Nariko and Kai. Also few new cutscenes with SICK animation and graphic...

I think they will offer stream of this interview later today.

Demo

Nice to hear that the Demo work is done. Iam really looking forward to play this game. Day 1 purchase for me. Well done NT.

Arstechnica says that the version they played still had inconsistent framerate. In any case, here is their opinion

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thu...ands-on-with-heavenly-sword-chains-of-olympus

Despite how good it looked, we walked away a little unsatisfied with the actual action. The combos can be a little on the long side, and often an enemy would move out of the way and we'd be stuck finishing a long series of attacks and having to wait until it was over to react. The game also seemed button-mashy at first blush, but after a few minutes we picked up on some of the cooler moves; the title does have a learning curve before you "get" the battle system. Inconsistent frame rates and some jaggy edges also mar first impressions of the game, although these can be fixed before release. The game even features some God of War style button-presses during the cinema to keep you in the action, which is nice for the cinematic aspect of the game but could annoy action fans who want something a little more hands on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back