New Heavenly Sword Info (screens included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have access to Bravo (UK TV channel), this could be worth a look.

I'll try to catch it on Sunday if I don't get roped into playing football. The show can be incredibly dull but sometimes it can be interesting.

EDIT: Ok, woke up early today and whilst munching my breakfast it was on in the background. Things that I remember, some may fee that there are some SPOILERS here so watch out...

Combat: The journos at the event, the show itself and of course NT seemed pretty keen on the system. The stances (distance, speed and power I think) have a big part to play and pressing triangle at the right time whilst blocking launches a counter. You have to tailor your attack and stance to the type of opponet you're facing. And it appeared as if combat scenarios weren't limited to one type of opponent.
I'm a bit hazier on this next bit: There was also a display top left of screen which when charged up enough let you launch a super-dooper move which killed the target and also dazed enemies nearby.

Arenas: They showed a few new bits - all looked very impressive. This included Nariko on a cannon placement firing down onto an advancing army. Nothing new but I was impressed.

Kai: Playable. And a totally different experience from Nariko. She's armed with a automatic arrow thingy with an over the shoulder view when you're firing. The arrows are steer-able (as are the cannons above) which seemed pretty cool.

Andy Serkis: Apparently he'd gone along to see a mortgage adviser who having given a quote then showed him a running reel of the proto-type for Heavenly Sword. The adviser was the brother of Taneem! What an odd story.

Prodcution values: Commented on a couple of times. People seemed impressed.

Overall: Didn't really get a preview/review but I was impressed by:
a) the gfx
b) the effort that had gone into the whole production
c) the story (not at all run of the mill!)
d) the characters - well rounded and interesting!
e) that they've tried to introduce different elements to the gameplay
f) the cut-scenes - charged with emotion

That's enough I guess. I hope clips turn up on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately not. And to be honest the journos rolled out towards the end of the show had enough time for a soundbite or two. So take my earlier ramblings just as initial thoughts. I may even try to catch the repeat tomorrow to update my post!

The stances meant that you used different weapons.

Distance = blades on chains much like God of War (but you were unable to block)
Power = one big sword
Speed = dual swords.

few crappy pics from ps3forums:

HS04.jpg

HS05.jpg

HS06.jpg

HS10.jpg

The stances meant that you used different weapons.

Distance = blades on chains much like God of War (but you were unable to block)
Power = one big sword
Speed = dual swords.
The controls make sense when you consider it's going from close-range to dynasty warriorsish combat. I hope the bosses have a lot of cool tactics you can use (I heard this game has a lot of QTE's but I wouldn't want that).

Holy shit!

Although the video is not of good quality the scenes with the armies tell me they look awesome!!

I was never expecting to see this in the game done so well at the end! They might have recreated the quality they showed at e3 2005

Unbelievable!

Yet again I find myself becoming extremely annoyed that I cannot go out and buy the game :LOL:

I want it, WANT IT NOW :p

Looks great, but one thing really annoys me: the blue glow around enemies is way to overdone - really doesnt fit in realistic look of the game.

But other than that it firmly exceeded my expectations and beats down every other Game I seen.

Those screens are so impressive, NT have done a fantastic job on this game, Well done NT! I hope the game is as good to play as it looks.

Fantastic! I love the emotion in the characters - it's a bit of a shock really to get such powerful human emotions emitting from game characters like this. And the game just looks fantastic. This game is now officially my most anticipated game of this year (well, next to an online playable version of GT perhaps ;) - but that's because I'm just such a huge GT fan).

Absolutely awesome, I can't wait to pop this game into my PS3!

Maybe, the beginning of the first video with the cloud and the battle is cg? same thing with the scene with King Bohan and the bird because it looks incredible.

If DeanoC or nAo can answer please.

Great work and good art and design

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one to wonder whether this comment from part II was laden with innuendo?

"it's amazing how she has such control over those large metal balls, almost as if she is teasing them into the target - explosive stuff I am sure you will agree"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back