New Heavenly Sword Info (screens included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a disappointment of turn out to be true IMHO.

Fast pace action game like Heavenly Sword NEED 60fps.

it seems that some games wont have any problem with 30fps. Resistance and Gears of War are fast paced and responsive and they run at 30fps for example.

I think that racers and fighting games are the ones that need such frame rates the most.

Heavenly Sword is probably adjusted to play well at 30fps since the developers had that in mind from the beginning. They said that they were aiming for 30fps since 2005 if I remember correctly. So I dont think it will be a problem.

Not that 60fps arent welcome and more preferable ;)

This game just keeps getting prettier & prettier! Great work to all involved.

I didn't know they worked with Weta Workshop on the mocaps. Go Kiwis!

But it made me wonder...Peter Jackson to direct "Heavenly Sword: The Movie"! Make it happen SONY! hmm...now, who to play Nariko...

'NinjaMat' has been answering some questions on the IGN Heavenly Sword blog. He addresses questions about a special edition, game length and...a demo :)

On game length:

we were a little concerned with game length around E3 last year and have worked very hard to make sure this isn’t an issue. It’s hard to estimate exactly how long it’ll take someone to run through it the first time but we believe that you can expect somewhere between 12-15 hours of play.

On bonus features:

We have talked with Sony about a special edition of Heavenly Sword. After lots of ideas and discussions we decided that there will be no special edition as such...instead we would cram the retail release with as many extras as we could fit onto a BR! The retail disk will feature a series of behind the scenes features as well as the first 2 episodes of a special 'animated series' exploring the history of the Heavenly Sword prior to the start of the game

And on a demo:

I can confirm that we are, of course, going to be releasing a demo for Heavenly Sword…and soon! This will be downloadable via the Playstation Network…so keep an eye out for this in the very near future…and i mean very near future!

Dare I say it..it sounds like a E3 demo, perhaps? :p

There's more at the post..look for NinjaMat's comment on this page:

http://blogs.ign.com/Heavenly_Sword/2007/06/29/58758/p4

I hope so.

MS's idea of everything from E3 being downloadable on live is one idea I wouldn't mind Sony blatantly ripping off :LOL:

'NinjaMat' has been answering some questions on the IGN Heavenly Sword blog. He addresses questions about a special edition, game length and...a demo :)

Thank you for posting this ! It's a good way to start a day.

We have talked with Sony about a special edition of Heavenly Sword. After lots of ideas and discussions we decided that there will be no special edition as such...instead we would cram the retail release with as many extras as we could fit onto a BR! The retail disk will feature a series of behind the scenes features as well as the first 2 episodes of a special 'animated series' exploring the history of the Heavenly Sword prior to the start of the game

This is EXACTLY what I was hoping for ;-)

And there is one more thing left...
For the "launch period", NT should organize an (online and offline) event to vote for a Nariko look alike (or the entire cast) ? No... no.. she doesn't have to dip in water like what Nebula said (*gulp*). She just needs to look "good". Then wait for the gaming world to collapse. :p

(Nesh, you can nominate your mom to be a judge if you want :D).

Last edited by a moderator:
And there is one more thing left...
For the "launch period", NT should organize an (online and offline) event to vote for a Nariko look alike (or the entire cast) ? No... no.. she doesn't have to dip in water like what Nebula said (*gulp*). She just needs to look "good". Then wait for the gaming world to collapse. :p

Funny you mention that...

A couple weeks ago when me and my friends went to Universal Studios(cali), we were in line for food and behind us were two foreign sisters(by foreign I mean they were speaking a diff language), and one of them, I swear to god, looks like Nariko! :oops:

And it looks like they just came from the Jurassic Park ride coz her white shirt was soaking wet(wearing a sports bra though :p ). I wanted to take a pic so I can post it here, but she kept looking our direction and I didnt want to give the impression that americans are some weirdo stalkers or something :oops:

Oh the missed opportunity.... :mad: :cry:

*sorry for the OT. I've been wanting to tell that story for weeks now*

btw, nAo and DeanoC, can you please just give Konami and their PES team your lighting and skin shader tech please so that we can have a next-gen looking PES? I'd call it charity. Thanks :)

I always see the flaws in the screen shots :( As long as nobody else notices them I guess... ;-) *cough*

Only thing that stood out for me was the shadow on her leg, and maybe that the large scale army is a bit of an attack of the clones. ;) But other than that the game looks absolutely fantastic. Deep respect ...

If you have access to Bravo (UK TV channel), this could be worth a look.

http://www.mcvuk.com/press-releases/30053/Gamer-TV-Heavenly-Sword-Special-Airs-On-Bravo-This-Weekend

This weekend an exclusive edition of Gamer TV dedicated to the forthcoming PlayStation 3 AAA title Heavenly Sword airs on UK satellite and cable channel Bravo.

This half-hour programme takes an in-depth look at the making of the game, as well as revealing never before seen levels, characters and story elements.

Exclusive interviews with the cast, including Andy‘Gollum’ Serkis, and unseen footage from the performance capture sessions at Weta Digital reveal how the game’s impressive cinematic sequences were created.

The programme concludes with a round-up of critical reaction to the game, which is hoping to launch its star Nariko as the next iconic female video game character.

Producer Jason Kilshaw said,“This should rev people up for next week’s E3 where Heavenly Sword will undoubtedly be a key PS3 title.â€￾

The programme airs:

Saturday 7th July 10.00 am Bravo 2

Sunday 8th July 11.30 am Bravo

Monday 9th July 5.30 pm Bravo

So there is a demo coming "very very soon" hopefully that means today with the PSN store update!!! Ohh and hopefully it supports upscaled 1080i on gimped HDTV's!!!

So there is a demo coming "very very soon" hopefully that means today with the PSN store update!!! Ohh and hopefully it supports upscaled 1080i on gimped HDTV's!!!

I think Lair's demo should come first simply because its release date is earlier. That said, a Lair demo today and a HS next week would be incredibly sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back