New Heavenly Sword Info (screens included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply. Just out of curiosity though....answer only if you want, how many characters can be displayied at the same time during gameplay with full detail? :)

Now specify at what framerate, resolution, size of the characters, how much overlap, etc. Also ask what 'full detail' is. It'd be rather silly to ask your question and hear '5 full characters' without finding out if those full characters are 5 million poly's each at cut-scene quality...

Does that mean technically capable at calculating AI for 2400 soldiers in general or capable at calculating AI for 2400 soldiers while displaying them all, with full graphics during ganeplay? :p

2400 soldiers, what is that, Ikusagami (戦神) can do 65000! Although that game is using sprites and no AI :)

:LOL: I remember those days.

What days? It's crazy that I've said that 5 months ago and pretty much nobody else responded.

I wish the artist could tweak the lighting to go back to the "Heavenly" Sword that the game shown at E3 and TGS 2006. I'm pissed that some not to smart artist don't know how to keep a great (one of the best looking games coming out this year) looking pretty.

They lowered the lighting intensty to darn near 0 in the sliding on the rope scene. WHY?! There is no technical issue, so why make a game look worst? The high intense lighting is something that made Heavenly Sword different from other next-gen games.

Then after many people on the boards found out that the HDR lighting was created by nAo and it had a particular name (NAO32) people started to use it as if it was HS's lighting and if anybody else used it people would say, "hey is this game using NAO32 HDR lighting?"

But nooooooooooooo, the dumb artist wanted to screw what was one of the best artistic HDR lighting that I've ever seen in a videogame.

What days? It's crazy that I've said that 5 months ago and pretty much nobody else responded.

Off-topic...

It was near PS3 launch. We were inundated with copious amounts of PS3 rumors and arguments in the forum (e.g., Whether Sony will ship in November at all ? and then why only 200,000 units ? :) )

But nooooooooooooo, the dumb artist wanted to screw what was one of the best artistic HDR lighting that I've ever seen in a videogame.

We don't write tech so it can be shown off, but we write tools that artists can choose to use and choose to not use as they please. Or choose to use to a certain extent that serves their artistic purpose. After all they are the bright and creative guys with the artistic touch, and usually know better than us (surely better than me!) what looks good. At the end of the day graphics is there to serve the overall experience of the game in my opinion.

I would personally never ask an artist to use something I wrote just because I wrote it.

Lots of inspiring information about your AI, Deano, thanks for sharing.

OMG they changed the lighting and everyone has a sissy fit? Lets hope they dont change anything else. If a little thing like the lighting being changed has upset you that much id seek help, it WONT affect the gameplay. I personally am sick to death of over exposed light bloom, it piss's me off and im glad its been changed/toned down. Over exposed lighting HIDES details in the games, makes textures appear washed out and spoils the whole graphics package.

Now specify at what framerate, resolution, size of the characters, how much overlap, etc. Also ask what 'full detail' is. It'd be rather silly to ask your question and hear '5 full characters' without finding out if those full characters are 5 million poly's each at cut-scene quality...

Well you dont have to ask. I said during gameplay and I think its quite obvious I d be talking about detail and polygons on characters that look good and at constant 30fps. I dont think anyone would care to ask if 2400 characters ment ugly models at 15fps. Something like this image for example during gamneplay how many charactes can the game handle?

108390-5-2.jpg

found on GAF an old demo from PC version, the first time I see this video of Nariko special move:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxmEOGSG1Ok

very funny

I found that video on the right side of that page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PIxnJ_tbJc&mode=related&search=

What build is this? It also shows some story and the graphics look brilliant. The hero looks different though as well as the settings.

I like that character's looks. What happened to her?

edit: Watching it again I must say that I love that old concept! AWESOME music and art direction!!!

I hope its well implemented in the most recent build as well. I just FELL in LOVE with that video :)
I love what I ve seen so far as well though from the recent videos and screens

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a bit mixed feelings about the last screens. Basically they are too small to form any strong opinions. Anyway, as always, the facial detail and skin look awesome in the close ups. About the lighting, I still think that it is good, and no doubt it did look overexposed before and it is mostly good that they have turned it down, but I feel that it might have gone a bit too much to the other end of the scale to look almost a bit flat here and there.

The other thing that I feel missing are the atmospheric effects, especially in screens that spand over big vistas where one would expect too see it and that is a pitty, that looked really great if I remember correctly from other vids and that was also one of the things that really impressed me with the flyby video in Fable2, especially in places where you would have the sun almost opposite to you.

And then there are some low poly places and low res textures here and there but in the end what matters is hw it plays and how it looks in motion which I would think is the absolute strongest point of this game...

Every single vertex goes through atmospherics computation (mie and rayleigh scattering), all the time, nothing has been downgraded.
Dunno why ppl are so scared about some nonexistant downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back