New Heavenly Sword Info (screens included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
108390-10-2.jpg

nice ass!!! :LOL:

I want this game so badly.

Please NAO and DeanoC.... get a move on ;)

Fell free to send me a beta version if you like, I will test it thoroughly ;)

This is the best I've ever seen this game look, and it looks like they've really fixed the clippin issue with the hair. The lighting and sense of scale in this game is SICK!

The crowd pic hints that we might get the E3 army event as it was shown then. It'd just be really nice to actually see that for real, and get past the various limited views of HS being an arena fighter of GOW game.

For me, Ninja Theory are getting shoved into the "Must buy all games these people make" list I have in my head.

Currently only Polyphony Digital are in that list (if Square only made Final Fantasy they would be too)

Got to ask what's next, I am sure there is an idea somewhere over at Ninja Theory.

Mmmmh tasty screens, I like how the hair looks now. It has more contrast and structure, very nice.
Now some movies please.

According to DeanoC blog, the game can calculate AI for 2180 enemy soldiers. :runaway:
http://blog.deanoc.com/?p=84
Seeing 2180 soldiers in the E3 quality would certainly be an impressive feat! Interesting solution too, having a separate close-quarters game engine and army engine, running cooperatively. News that the media silence is lifting is great too. Lots more should be forthcoming. Where's the trailers?! ;)

Is it just me or does her hair not seem as blocky.

It does look a lot better, every time I saw in-game stills in the past I kept imagining how the conversations would have gone about it at NT.

Tameem: Come on guys, you're killing me, we have promised this fantastic flowing hair!

Deano/Nao or whoever does hair: Arghhh, you have no idea how much crap that's causing us, can't we just say that she is gonna have to be bald for artistic reasons!!!

Edit: if we can stop worrying about the hair now, could I suggest a bit of work on some shiny shaders for the heavenly Sword itself?

Edit2: In case the above sound nitpicky, I think the game looks amazing, The attention to detail on the tapestries and columns in the arena pic suggest there has been an absolutely enormous amount of work done producing fantastic artwork on this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to ask what's next, I am sure there is an idea somewhere over at Ninja Theory.

Don't ask us, were just trying to ship this one ;-) Worry about minor problems like getting paid in 6 months time, when we get there ;-)

According to DeanoC blog, the game can calculate AI for 2180 enemy soldiers. :runaway:
http://blog.deanoc.com/?p=84
Slightly more now, we hit that limit... so I managed to pack the data more (each grunts state is down to 48 bytes from 64) so our current high is ~2400. In theory we could get near 3K if we need to (we should now have the RAM to go that high, just haven't needed to test it yet).

Slightly more now, we hit that limit... so I managed to pack the data more (each grunts state is down to 48 bytes from 64) so our current high is ~2400. In theory we could get near 3K if we need to (we should now have the RAM to go that high, just haven't needed to test it yet).

Does that mean technically capable at calculating AI for 2400 soldiers in general or capable at calculating AI for 2400 soldiers while displaying them all, with full graphics during ganeplay? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back