Battlefield Bad Company new trailer

Great that marketing finally released that movie, took them forever :)

I will be talking about the engine (Frostbite) and BFBC at GDC next week in a session called "Frostbite Rendering Architecture and Real-Time Procedural Shading and Texturing Techniques". Session details can be found here

Great that marketing finally released that movie, took them forever :)

I will be talking about the engine (Frostbite) and BFBC at GDC next week in a session called "Frostbite Rendering Architecture and Real-Time Procedural Shading and Texturing Techniques". Session details can be found here

I cant wait :)

Repi,
well I am temppted to add one negive rep for you knowing about that movie back then and not leaking it out to us :p :p (just kidding!!!)

That was pretty funny and looking forward to this game!

repi! how didn´t you say you had something near the level of the killzone 2 trailer in realtime! and in 360!
Greatest engine so far!

One question, if you use procedural techniques to make shadowing and texturing ( the texturing by the way is impressive ) does that mean VMX units are in good usage for it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha, very nice. I love it. I think you've just sold a game for sure, repi! (more than one, by the looks of it).

I'll be looking forward to that presentation, too.

I know the game will be fun. However, what I don't know and honestly don't have an faith in, is whether or not some of the games features will work as they are supposed to. I quit playing my XBox BFMC cause we could never get any clan matching making to work and because of the ranking system, people cheating for medals etc.. it seperated all my friends into about 4 different groupings.

BFMC could have been my favorite game on the XBox. I'm really looking forward to BFBC, just get things right from the start this time.

Wow repi that movie was very funny. And it reminded me of Killzone 2 (yes the non spoken about trailer :devilish: )

How much better is the game looking now compared to the November build? And are you guys targeting for 30 or 60 fps?

I imagine 60 fps in such an avanced engine is almost prohibitive. But yeah, as i have said before, it also reminds me a lot of Killzone 2 trailer. And if i had to emphasize one aspect of the images is the skinning and the body´s shadowing ( as well as the DOF that gives everything a film-like aspect ). In another post it is said that memexport can boost the skinning development. Repi, are you using memexport ?.

I imagine 60 fps in such an avanced engine is almost prohibitive. But yeah, as i have said before, it also reminds me a lot of Killzone 2 trailer. And if i had to emphasize one aspect of the images is the skinning and the body´s shadowing ( as well as the DOF that gives everything a film-like aspect ). In another post it is said that memexport can boost the skinning development. Repi, are you using memexport ?.

I think you might be confusing skinning and skin, here. Skinning isn't referring to the character's "skin" necessarily.

Back