Vote for your favourite box frame

What is your most favourite box frame???

• Xbox 360

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Games for Windows

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • PLAYSTATION®3

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Wii

• PlayStation®2

• Xbox

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • GameCube

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
nice one shifty. is it just me that Gears of War looks a lot better with "Games for Windows"??? hope the game looks better on Vista, though the comment is outside the topic.

Nice work there Shifty.

The Games for Windows looks the nicest IMO, as it has a very clean design. The Playstation 3 one looks ok as it doesn't impede too much on the box art so I don't feel it's as noticable, (although I don't like the little Playstation logo in the top corner). The Xbox and and Playstation 2 ones have too much contrast with the box art. The Xbox 360 one is too busy, the Wii one doesn't seem to work unless you design the box art with it in mind.

Just looked up the Gamecube frame again, it is by far the best IMO. I personally love the Gamecube logo plus the fact that the Gamecube frame is very simple.

What I dislike about the Playstation 3 frame is the fact that it comes across as cheap. The Xbox frame suffers from the same problem. Any time highlights and bright spots are used on a design I tend to dislike it. The Xbox however is way to busy and the gold and green don't do it for me.

I really like the Xbox 360 and Games for Windows, as they are basically the exact same design anyway but with changed logos. The Xbox 360 suffers from the "Only on Xbox 360" stamp that is also just far to cheap for me, it seems like an after thought once the design was already done.

The Wii one, hands down. When I look one post prior, attributes of particular noteworthiness would be "clean", "modern" and "grown up". Not "sophisticated" though.

It's focused on just identifying the system, and as the Wii branding is pretty strong, and clever (no abbreviations), I don't see a reason to want more. In that respect it's like the PS2 and PS3 brandings, but the Wii logo is much more elegant than either.

Besides having that certain co-marketing stench, the gfw logo is "loud", i.e. it uses too many different colors (a sin of which the PS2 logo is comparably guilty of, of course). It's like turning on the tv.
Just the top right corner alone, probably with a rounded corner, that would be nice.

Just the top right corner alone, probably with a rounded corner, that would be nice.
Wii in a dot with a rounded corner would work better IMO than this wavy-corner. Alternative, have no console name on the cover and just have the edge marked, and a conspicuous case shape.

Wii in a dot with a rounded corner would work better IMO than this wavy-corner. Alternative, have no console name on the cover and just have the edge marked, and a conspicuous case shape.
Heh, they could make them with one corner bitten off at a 45° angle, like the Wii itself, or the Wii power brick. Probably too expensive, with the loss of economies of scale in the production of standard DVD cases.

Back