The Darkness - Video

wow thats gruesome

fantastic animation though. The summoned creature was especially flawless

I snickered at the warning to not record the game.

I had a hard time determining whether some parts were gameplay or cutscene.

I snickered at the warning to not record the game.

I had a hard time determining whether some parts were gameplay or cutscene.
All the first part is obviously a cut scene, while the second part (when a creatures get summoned) looks like gameplay to me.
Amazing..

Awesome. Its really great.

Best part is that they gonna use blu ray to its max. There is an ingame tv's [like in Max Payne] and you can even switch channels. On ps3 version they gonna put 20 full feature movies [old black&white horrors], and a bunch of cartoons and music videos!

And i like the that animation, when that 2 demon snakes are fighting for who is gonna eat the human heart. Small but nice animation...

uh...? am i the only one that fail to see what's impresive?
i'm truly puzzled on this one..

yes you are the only one. The grapics are hot, the animation is great, the lighting is great, and the concept is great.

This game is great and it's coming out at the perfect time.

Riddick was the best FPS I've played since the original Half Life, so I've got a lot of time for Starbreeze. Having said that, I'm not convinced by this game. It looks good technically but I expected more (because of how fantastic Riddick looked for its time) and I just find the overall concept uninteresting really (never read the comic book).

You don't like the graphics? Why? What's the problem?

(My opinion)
It represents what i really hate about the PC_ish graphical approach :low poly everywhere ,bumpy-shiny on everything (even on the velvet of a pool table) ,and genereric assets /surfaces /locations ,the 'standard FPS check list...

In these bad quality videos it look better than in screenshots ,it gives synthetic homogeneity ,also some screens have good post processing FX ,but overall: classic not outstanding by any standards..

Riddick was the best FPS I've played since the original Half Life, so I've got a lot of time for Starbreeze. Having said that, I'm not convinced by this game. It looks good technically but I expected more (because of how fantastic Riddick looked for its time) and I just find the overall concept uninteresting really (never read the comic book).

Well the game isn't done yet, and considering how much it has improved since its first revisions I have hope for the game. Right now it is beginning to look like a game with interesting, novel mechanics that I could get excited about.

And considering that Riddick was the best single-player game I've played (for the most part), esp. in the stealth genre, I am giving these guys the benefit of the doubt. This game seems to be Riddick's spiritual successor, and I couldn't be more happy about that.

I really want Riddick 2 tho :D

Back