Hot Shots Golf 5 Screens

The environment looks really good. Actually very life-like, but I'm not sure if thats because its put up against cartoon characters.

that actually looks pretty damn good....

there is something of a mismatch between the cartoony figures and the realistic environment, but it still works imo.

Unexpectedly great looking. Didn't think HSG5 would be a game that wowed me visually, particularly after the TGS showing, but it's shaping up really well now.

Can't wait for the demo!

That looks actually rather terrific -- the HSG games are generally quite entertaining, especially for a golf game.

Any news on when a demo will hit? or the game released?

Fantastic lighting and shadowing on the characters (apart from some low-res jaggy shadow maps). Would like to see this in motion. Also of note is the texture filtering! The grass doesn't splurge into a blur 10 feet into the scene!

I love the scenery. The lighting looks so well implimented that various seasons may be pulled of very well...can't wait to see how Autumn and Winter looks like :D

I also like the character models. They stuck to the Hot Shots Golf look never swaying (past iterations). Now it has a claymation look to it...it actually almost looks like the CG that was used in the PSX versions :LOL: . So awesome.

As crazy as it may sound, this game may be the one that pushes me to get a PS3...its my own personal killer app for the platform.

A clearly observable turn of event for this game.
It used to look really like a high resolution PS2 game. Without mipmapping and all, if I remember correctly.

Their lighting implementation, and their approach for the radiance transfer/ambiant occlusion effects on the character looks really nice. I wonder if these latter effects are dynamic or not.

For reference, heres how it looked a few months back (TGS?)

It looked completely underwhelming and I was worried that it would be just a high res PS2 game. Pleasently surprised is about what I had felt when I saw the newer screens :D

This was stated on GAF by Moderation Unlimited and I whole heartedly agree. The colors in this game are very saturated (in a good way). So it looks very vibrant and pops out at you. A game like Tiger Woods Golf 07' has the issue where the color pallete is very bland and dim (lots of other games have this issue too). Why is this?

Reading this thread I was excited about a great looking golf game (I love golf and golf games)... until I looked at the pics.

Ugh. Is this a Wii game? If so I guess it looks pretty decent.

Reading this thread I was excited about a great looking golf game (I love golf and golf games)... until I looked at the pics.

Ugh. Is this a Wii game? If so I guess it looks pretty decent.

What makes you think it looks like a Wii game?

Its crazy how lots of people are praising the visuals and you've got the 1 or 2 peppered people that say it looks good for a Wii game.

I mean...does this

and this

Look similar to you?

Fantastic lighting and shadowing on the characters (apart from some low-res jaggy shadow maps). Would like to see this in motion. Also of note is the texture filtering! The grass doesn't splurge into a blur 10 feet into the scene!
well maybe not 10 fett but its about 30feet + then u see the detailmaps cut away, actually the transition looks pretty abrupt (which is ok in a screenshot but in motion would be offputting, though perhaps not in this game since i assume the camera is pretty static)
i reiterate what i said the trees look bad theyre the usual flat polygon crap, the characters do look good ( + im not a fan of anime )
i can see this game selling truckloads

Back