An asteroid will kill us in 2036

It says theres a 1 in 50000 chance we might have to do something about an asteroid. We'll know for sure when its a bit closer.

"Odds of fatally slipping in bath or shower: 2,232 to 1"
Man, Im already overdue. As I shower every day I shouldve died after a bit more than 6 years. I really have to thank god for beeing still alive, as the rest of the world either dies young or stinks

That one is messed up. Discussing it with my other half she beleives it's probably supposed to be 1 in 2232 people who slip over in the bath or shower will die. Alternatively it could be that 1 in 2232 people will die from slipping in the bath or shower, but those odds seems far too high.

That one is messed up. Discussing it with my other half she beleives it's probably supposed to be 1 in 2232 people who slip over in the bath or shower will die. Alternatively it could be that 1 in 2232 people will die from slipping in the bath or shower, but those odds seems far too high.
unlike my intended misinterpretation, this should mean the chance you die from slipping in the bathroom sometime in your life (well, the last part in your life for sure). Dunno if the ratio is correct, seems a bit high to me too

I love all these sorts of predictions :). It's like a 1 in 10,000 chance. While there is still a chance, its only a chance. And even then ladies and gentlemen, the worst case scenario is a seaboard or two along the coast gets knocked out.... several million dead is better than an entire civilization I think you'd agree.

I love all these sorts of predictions :). It's like a 1 in 10,000 chance. While there is still a chance, its only a chance. And even then ladies and gentlemen, the worst case scenario is a seaboard or two along the coast gets knocked out.... several million dead is better than an entire civilization I think you'd agree.

And now that we have spotted it, it will never hit ;)

We got 29 years to take action, if required...

I like the image they put there with the article. The article talks about a 250 meter wide asteroid, and then they show a picture of an asteroid that looks like approximately 100,000,000,000 times larger mass (rough estimate from the diameter).

Back