I clicked on a forum section and...

It happens with IE 6.0 for me, and it's not adware, I keep my PC clean, and it's happened both here and at work, and doesn't affect any other sites I visit.

Here's the screen, for some reason the monster.ca add didn't load, but usually there a big fat flash advertisment in the middle of the screen:

annoying.gif

It doesn't leave anything in the history either, as if it's embedded in the showthread.php page or something.

It says "Your page is loading" for about 5 seconds, which just forces you to wait until the full add has displayed and is fiunished animating, and then that text changes to a "Skip Ad" link w/ a 15 second timeout, at which it redirects you to your page.

Next time it happens, I'll grab the source code, that should shed a little light on the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
How often does this happen? I'm using IE7 right now and clicking frantically, but I'm not getting anything like this.

For me, it's pretty transient. I've gotten the splash screen maybe four or five times out of who knows how many clicks, but none today.

How often does this happen? I'm using IE7 right now and clicking frantically, but I'm not getting anything like this.

Random, sometimes I'll get it twice within a few minutes, and other times it won't happen all day.

It just started maybe 2 or 3 days ago?? I assumed a new advertising system had been implemented...

hi Guys,

I am the ad guy here at B3D - and I am on the case; can you all confirm you are in the USA?

[anyone who isn't seeing the ad - please don't respond to this thread]

We sell network traffic out in the USA/UK and I have to track down where this one is coming from.

DR

David, at least one reportee is in Canada. . . they can be surly if we too obviously treat them like they're just "US north". ;)

Back