Naruto Is Coming Back!!!!!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
I just watched the latest episode (220) and it finished up the last of the filler arcs and tied itself back into the manga.

The beginning wrapped up some arc with Gara fighting someone, then the rest was all Naruto getting set up to leave with Jaraiya to train for two years.

The bit after the credits had a preview showing Naruto's new look, and said the next episode will be an hour long special airing February 15th at 7pm Japan time. :)

I am waaaay to excited about this, it's embarrassing. :oops:

Man, I'm so excited. I haven't seen the anime in about a year, because of the filler arcs. I have been reading the manga exclusively now and can't wait to see it animated. GO NARUTO: HURRICANE (or what ever the new title is).

Whats the big deal about naruto anyway? it kinda seems to dbz to me. Wich isnt bad but there are so so much more better anime out there. im more into the story driven anime.

I hate Naruto fillers. The manga is so much better honestly. Only thing missing is the action...wait a second...the animated show has ZERO action. Honestly Bleach has much more action and I dont even like Bleach. Yu yu Hakusho anyone? Bleach seems to be a copy of that.

They need to up the fights in Naruto and reduce the same dialogue of protecting friends and your precious ones and get too asskicking!!!

Currently I am into Gundam Seed/Gundam Seed Destiny...rocks!

I just saw the episode!

And the next one is an hour long!!!

I was totally digging the build up on episode 220 on how Naruto is leaving to train!

I can't wait!!!

finally the fillers have ended!!!

and I'm, glad I'm not the only one raving like this hehehe

Whats the big deal about naruto anyway? it kinda seems to dbz to me. Wich isnt bad but there are so so much more better anime out there. im more into the story driven anime.

Single fights in Naruto rarely last more than 3 episodes, with the majority being contained within a single episode. A lot of the 2 episode fights are even stuck into hour-long specials rather than break things up.

The fights are also fairly continuous, without hours of pointless exposition and constipation... er, I mean "powering up" (for the most part).

Also, the fighters have many, many more unique traits and abilities than Dragonball Z's. Characters tend to stick to their own styles fairly rigidly (with the exception of, say, Sasuke and Naruto adapting Rock Lee's taijutsu-based techniques, which was something they hadn't specialized in at all previously), which makes fights a lot more interesting - every time a new matchup occurs, the fighting is wildly different.

Basically it's very DBZ-like but without all the brain-crushing monotony during the fights... and a better overall plot.

Single fights in Naruto rarely last more than 3 episodes, with the majority being contained within a single episode. A lot of the 2 episode fights are even stuck into hour-long specials rather than break things up.

The fights are also fairly continuous, without hours of pointless exposition and constipation... er, I mean "powering up" (for the most part).

Also, the fighters have many, many more unique traits and abilities than Dragonball Z's. Characters tend to stick to their own styles fairly rigidly (with the exception of, say, Sasuke and Naruto adapting Rock Lee's taijutsu-based techniques, which was something they hadn't specialized in at all previously), which makes fights a lot more interesting - every time a new matchup occurs, the fighting is wildly different.

Basically it's very DBZ-like but without all the brain-crushing monotony during the fights... and a better overall plot.

True but I still think it isnt a very good serie. If you want a good enjoyable anime I still think there are alot better choices. Also the fact that it has a shitload of fillers (imo even worse than powering up to fill time) ruins it for me. I'd much rather have a 26 - 50 episode anime at wich at the end the story ends and inbetween tells a good story with all the charachter development. I also dont really like those ''fantasy'' fighting anime. Im currently watching dbz with my brothers just for fun (they like it, and I watch it as some brainless entertainment just to pass some time) but I'd much rather watch something more realistic in terms of story and the way everything is presented. Stuff like saikano, full metal panic, twelve kingdoms etc. Ofcourse those arnt very realistic if you look at it, but the way everything is presented makes it realistic and I like it if anime make you a bit emotional involved with the story.

I haven't seen Naruto in a long time.

I rather liked what I saw, when they didn't get overly involved in someone or other's tragic past.

Still, it has the dubious status of being the first story I've seen where a character has a flashback, and in the flashback they have another flashback!

Perhaps the creators have attained some storytelling discipline since then, because that nested flashback warped space and time.

That's actually the big difference from DBZ for me because it means the nature of the fighting isn't so resting on a single variable. With DBZ, it didn't matter how smart or how efficient you were so much as how much raw power you had. Something that wasn't totally true with the original Dragonball. Don't even get me started on the utter farce that was DBGT... that whole series was basically about contriving ways for Goku and Goku alone to gain absurdly huge quantities of pure strength.

YYH made a valiant attempt at trying to put some character development into the same otherwise one-dimensional "power" construct of DBZ, but the very idea is something of a losing battle.

Naruto at least isn't totally one-dimensional. A > B and B > C does not guarantee A > C. While it still has some totally useless characters (e.g. Tenten), most everybody has the off-chance of surprising you.

True but I still think it isnt a very good serie. If you want a good enjoyable anime I still think there are alot better choices. Also the fact that it has a shitload of fillers (imo even worse than powering up to fill time) ruins it for me.
Well, I don't think anybody is about to tell you that Naruto is superior to say, Deathnote or Kanon... But part of the attraction is that chances are that you can continue to look forward to an episode 2 or 3 seasons from now and it will still be as worth it as it was before (filler block notwithstanding). Yeah, there's a huge load of fillers, but minus the 2 years during which the production team needed fillers to buy time for the manga to move forward, the fillers strewn in the middle of actual story were relatively minimal, and most of them came during the borders between seasons and/or when the show changed airing times. Well, that's not really a defense, but the point was more that most all the fillers worth complaining about were really one contiguous block, the vast majority of which the average fan wouldn't really be bothered to watch. The fact that we're getting back on track now is the big point of rejoicing.

I suppose if they'd done something like what Tsubasa Chronicle did where the show would just go off the air at the end of a season when the anime was catching up to the manga, you might have less to complain about, but I think the show has too much popularity both in TV and in game for them to be able to afford doing that.

What bugs me most is that having read the manga, I don't get the impression that the story has moved far enough along yet to account for a whole lot of anime episodes. When you look at how much content is in each manga chapter, especially those with a lot of action, there's not many minutes of animation in each -- maybe the ones with a lot of chattering and politics can fill up more, but still nothing massive, so I kind of see it only really filling up one season of Shippuuden and not a whole lot more before we see maybe Kakashi Gaiden (which isn't really a filler) and then some fillers again.

What got me into Naruto was more of the "it has a little bit of everything" formula. It's a fighting genre with a little bit of dramatic moments and lovey-dovey scenarios but it also has a lot of interesting characters to boot.

Even with the fillers... I used to bitch and nag about it (actually... I still do from time to time :) )but compared to the other fillers some other anime has... it's not so bad. At least you still see some sort of character development there. Eventhough there's over 2 seasons (maybe even 3 season's worth???)worth of fillers in Naruto... it's not a complete waste IMHO...
and some of the fillers are pretty funny too. Like the one where Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke where curious to what Kakashi looked like underneath his mask. The only episode that irked me was thew whole cooking ninja thing where they challenged the guy that makes ramen. Although admittedly, they could reduce the amount of flashbacks... I realize the reason behind it... but it's just another time waster... at least for me :) ...

Their fillers aren't as bad compared to other animes where it's always a "parallel universe/another dimension" where it's not even remotely close to the actual series.

Their fillers aren't as bad compared to other animes where it's always a "parallel universe/another dimension" where it's not even remotely close to the actual series.
In that respect, I think Bleach did a better job with their filler block, they made something that yields minimal disruption into the story (though the fact that those other mod souls are being mixed in is a little annoying, but it's not as though any of them including Kon had a big part to play), and it was all mainly one arc that had total closure to it so any mention of "Bount" will basically just disappear after a while. I was more afraid that we'd be flooded with all this Don Kan'onji garbage or a whole bunch of pointless mini-adventures (which is really what Naruto did).

For those unwilling to wait for bittorrent downloads...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVZsSQZ010A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG5gM_1V_r0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_01SJZL5dE0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFOsR1T0NHU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgmUuvs6zE4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQuZqzErbo0

Yes, that is the order... The first video, though it contains a lengthy preview of things to come, it ends on the opening theme song. They were clearly saving money in the fillers by going cheap on the animation there. The animation here in these first two episodes is just outstanding. At first when I heard that Naruto changed studios over to using the animation team that did Akira, I was a bit taken aback by the more cartoony style (which was first seen in that last fight between Naruto and Sasuke), but I see it now and it is so worth it.

EDIT : Subs are up now, too --
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zSXbm5urZ0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-qiMVaijgk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dCnQd-3u6I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IJJKFxG6bQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3WnYczyrgM

Last edited by a moderator:
This anime has been "fan subbed" by many groups, meaning you can get it with english subtitles.

The new Naruto Shipudden is out at the usual places subbed already. I watched the RAW and am just sitting down now with the SD subbed version being as DatteBayo is running a day late. :)

*fanboy mode on*

OMG!!!!!!!! the ten minutes alone was so worth the wait!!!!!!!!!!!

*fanboy mode off*

the animation is so smooth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I do take ideas from naruto. That's the big idea, you can learn stuff. As a coder, it's like the ultimate source of inspiration. That fourth hokage, he did it, he managed to do it. Everyone keeps on doing all the work, filler/missions, and he gets all the fun, a 'free lunch' as they say... but there's no such thing as a free lunch... that's true, it ain't free, the village has to keep going even if he ain't there from time to time ;)

Back