PS3 Rubber Ducky game coming!

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
When everyone else was oo-ing and ah-ing and a certain PS3 'demo' from E3 '05, I was loving the Ducky Demo, especially with the boats and their cloth destruction. Finally the Rubber Duck gets his own game!
Oh, and Super Rub'a'Dub - a downloadable game based on Harrison's 3D ducks demo - is due on the PS3 Store "in a few weeks". It's fully tilt controlled, and has been previously confirmed as a downloadable launch title for the PS3 in Europe.
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=72821

Suddenly £450 seems a bargain! I hope they've really pushed the visuals. Given the simplicity of the concept, depending on what the actual game is, they could go to town on lighting and shading.

GameSpot took a few snaps of the game during Phil's Q&A:
http://www.gamespot.com/events/dice07/story.html?sid=6165596&pid=928393&tag=top_stories;title;2

rub2948_screen.jpg

rub935_screen.jpg

Some people got to check it out after the demo, and thought it was simple, yet really fun.
Like Super Monkey Ball with water and ducks. I'm hoping for a nice cheap $2.99 download :)

Talk about milking a franchise! How many times are we going to see the rubber ducks from Sony? :rolleyes:

:p

I wonder what the "game" will be? Could be a cool use of the liquid dynamics tech in this demo. :D

They need to make a PS3 version of the old PSone game from Psygnosis Overboard.
It would make a perfect downloadable game.

Ohh I hope they still allow users to hook up the camera and poor the water using the cup like they showed before!!
:D
Definitely. They need to really push the techs from that demo. Controlling the duck(s) only by pouring water next to them would be original and super-intuitive. I wanna see the ships too. The cutesy look of the boats with their sail damaging and such, would make a fantastically simple multiplayer game. Think 'Pirates' or Monkey Island 3's nautical combat, in the ship demo quality. Awesome.

The cutesy look of the boats with their sail damaging and such, would make a fantastically simple multiplayer game. Think 'Pirates' or Monkey Island 3's nautical combat, in the ship demo quality. Awesome.
Search for Overboard (PSone)/Shipwreckers (PC) from Psygnosis.

Either there is a load of sarcasm I'm not picking up on here or I am way, way, waaay out of touch on fun gaming. It's a game based on tilting a pan of water around to make ducks follow each other? I have to be missing something here. I'm going back to Gears. (Yes, neat physics, but a game based around this? As a tech demo of possibilities I see the excitement, sort of, but as an actual game?)

Either there is a load of sarcasm I'm not picking up on here or I am way, way, waaay out of touch on fun gaming. It's a game based on tilting a pan of water around to make ducks follow each other? I have to be missing something here. I'm going back to Gears. (Yes, neat physics, but a game based around this? As a tech demo of possibilities I see the excitement, sort of, but as an actual game?)

It's a downloadable game, so I don't know why you're comparing it to something like Gears of War. Compare it to other PSN or XBLA games. ;)

Ahhhh. Certainly missed that part. Still don't quite get it but hey, if The Sneak King games can sell...................

Cute ! If it does the following, it's an instant buy for me (my kid):
* "Violent" in a cartoonish way (explosions, flattened ducks, duck-shaped hole in the wall... a la Tom & Jerry, Roadrunner, ...)
* Make realistic or funny duck sound
* LOH (Lot's of Happenings) technology
* Multiplayer mode (local)

Back